after the crusher?

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all.
Just wondering what effects some of you are putting AFTER CrusherX in the mixing/tracking phase?

I'm thinking convolution reverbs might be the go as my experiments with Valhalla Vintage Verb and UberMod have not yet led to greatness.
Echoboy does OK but not entirely convinced.

B2

aMUSEd wrote:B2
Already bought Kaleidoscope - not going to be able to afford this one for a while (even with the discount) - am interested though in what you feel B2 brings to the Crusher?

Well you seemed to be wanting some sort of reverb (as you mentioned convolution) but maybe something a bit more than just plain reverb and with B2 you can go much further into spacial fx as well as reverb.

OK thanks i'll keep it in mind.
I started the topic because I don't think reverb or delay are right... to me it needs something else that I can't quite work out and my thoughts regarding convolution were to try short textural sounds - not reverb impulses.

I'd say like in any other granulators, REVERB is always your friend.

Neon Breath wrote:I'd say like in any other granulators, REVERB is always your friend.
To hide the inaccuracies and of the emerging design? Better come up with sounds you wouldn't need to dilute as much with lakes of 'verb.
Brzzzzzzt.

elnn wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:I'd say like in any other granulators, REVERB is always your friend.
To hide the inaccuracies and of the emerging design? Better come up with sounds you wouldn't need to dilute as much with lakes of 'verb.
Not saying it's a fatality. Just saying they tend to get along pretty well in general, that's it.

spectral effects plugins are fun to put after.

I like using Spectrumworx.
:borg:

Good call VORT3X - I've used Spectrumworx before as a kind of shuffling freezer - GRM Evolution does this more cleanly. I would probably want a verb after them though.

I'm actually leaning very much to aMUSEd's advice. B2 demo shows it does seem to provide the right combination of spatial and timbral modulation.

There's about 30 patches I made for B2 in this thread - most are pretty granular sounding

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... hilit=xmas

aMUSEd wrote:There's about 30 patches I made for B2 in this thread - most are pretty granular sounding

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... hilit=xmas
Great :tu: I have your Aalto patches and have used them as springboards before. :clap:

Return to “accSone”