To FL Studio users: Does Valhalla Reverbs crash your DAW?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In a long run for months i did expierience a lot of random crashes. I am certain its some plugin that i am using, but its really hard to determine wich plugin because i use quite alot of 3rd party plugins in FL Studio and as i said crashes are RANDOM. You just dont know when it will hit you.

I have reinstalled windows 3 times and different versions: 7,8 and .8.1. Changed PC. Latest drivers, latest FL Studio version did not helped.

Its really frustrating to get a crash in the middle of nowhere and who knows why, it can be after 5 minutes, 10 minutes. Or just it can be while quiting the project, it just freezes and so.

One thing in common with the crashes is that i always use ValhallaRoom or VintageVerb (they sound amazing). FL Studio seem to do not have error log nor something like that, so i did tried disabling plugins ect, didnt helped because crashes are who knows why caused and they tend to happen not imidiatly.

So here is what i tried to do, check the event viewer in windows. Originaly with fl studio they do not show what is causing the crash, but 1 and 1 only from numerous of error reports showed ValhallaRoom_x64 crash. So i did try to work on a project by removing everything from valhalla. Now its 3rd hour, no crash, no freeze, all is running smooth (i hope it will stay).

Can it be coincidience that valhalla causes the crash?

Are there any users of Valhalla reverbs with FL Studio? What are your expieriences?

p.s. I must mention, that some weeks ago my friend did noticed having more often crashes since a start of using valhallaroom.

SO i have been working so far successfully after removing valhalla reverbs from my project. Now i have added VintageVerb as send, saved and tried to open. Project did not respond and crashed.

I just reviewed my email archives, and I'm not finding any other reports of stability issues in FL Studio on Win. I'm not saying that others haven't experienced them, just that I haven't heard of them. Are you using the latest & greatest Valhalla plugin updates?

Sean Costello

I have never experienced a situation where vroom, vvv or ubermod would crash FLStudio and I use them very often in my projects. I would guess that Your problem is likely related to something else than this DAW by itself.

valhallasound wrote:I just reviewed my email archives, and I'm not finding any other reports of stability issues in FL Studio on Win. I'm not saying that others haven't experienced them, just that I haven't heard of them. Are you using the latest & greatest Valhalla plugin updates?

Sean Costello
Hi Sean,

yes latest. For now i only avoid using VRoom (because i saw the crash in the event log), even tho i mentioned a crash after adding VintageVerb i did used again. So far no crash.

Ill try to have a run with a new project in couple weeks and try to bring VRoom (64 bit).

My valhalla x64 plugins also crash in FL12 64 bit, and the graphics are very laggy.. but when i run the plugins in bridged mode (channel settings>processing) everything runs smooth and no crashes!

I never had any problems with Valhalla plugins (own only VVV and VRoom - both Win 32Bit and have old laptop) and they are rock stable!
yzcoruhT

Not here. About the only thing that repeatedly crashes FLS are FabFilter plugins
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

The current (12.2) version of FL Studio has some bugs by itself.
Sonar is rock solid with Valhalla room from many hours of personal experience.

I am on Windows 7 - 64bit and FL studio 12.1.3 and I run Valhalla vintage. I never had any problems or crashes due to the vintage reverb. But then I mostly use 32-bit FL studio and no bridging with any plugin.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Not for me.

Ay man, the same thing is happening to me. Whenever I have multiple instances of Valhalla plugins, it gets really laggy and buggy whenever I try to adjust the knobs by my mouse pointer, but if I adjust the knobs by scrolling, it's fine. Also whenever I bridge the plugins, it's not laggy at all. Have you ever found a fix to it, yet?

I am close to a purchase or two from Valhalla (I'm pumped) but this thread has me nervous. Is it still an issue?

dandezebra wrote:I am close to a purchase or two from Valhalla (I'm pumped) but this thread has me nervous. Is it still an issue?
Never been an issue for me, check out the demos thoroughly as problems seem to be
limited to a few.

-Cheers

pekbro wrote:
dandezebra wrote:I am close to a purchase or two from Valhalla (I'm pumped) but this thread has me nervous. Is it still an issue?
Never been an issue for me, check out the demos thoroughly as problems seem to be
limited to a few.

-Cheers
Twas my exact plan! I'll report if anything comes up.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”