Bug? On/Off Device Automation

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Before 1.1.4 turning on a device for an example a delay, after a sample clip has finished would work and create a delay effect. Now it doesn't work, I have automate on before clips end which causes the volume to sound much lower, the volume goes back to how it should after the clip has ended. I updated to 1.1.5 and it seems like it is the same.

This *might* be a change in how the devices were disabled and enabled. As far as I know, before we could disable things to save on CPU I think the disable button was pretty much a MIX 0% and MIX 100% button, so the effect was still processing when it was disabled. The way it works now is that when the device is disabled it essentially powered off and does no processing.

You might have to switch to automating the mix/feedback or use some other trick to get the same effect now I'm afraid :/

I could be WAYYYYY wrong with how the enable/disable works (or HAS worked in previous versions), but thats just my take on things :/
Formally known as CnuTram.

The Bitwig support says it's a bug they fixed it. Recording of mutes / unmutes has the same error / Bug.

http://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/vie ... =7&t=99497

greetings Ron

Return to “Bitwig”