Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Set up two racks, "A" and "B"
Add a send from "B" to "A"
Add a third rack, "C"
Copy (ctrl-drag) the send from "B" to "C"

I'd expected the send in "C" to point to "A" - that's why I copied it - but it points to "nothing".

Is that intentional?

Also, I couldn't work out how to edit its target, so had to delete it and add a new one.
-EDIT-Stupid me I'd answered that already, hadn't I, when explaining multi-out in the other thread... Go into Modular view and the outs are there.

On the subject of sends... but slightly different.

Set up three racks, A, B, C.
Mute A, B and C.
Insert a send from B to A and C to A.
Solo B. Note that A is now unmuted (similar behaviour to Master rack, it gets co-soloed).

I was actually hoping to use a set up like this to control whether the content of the sent-to rack was passed through to the Master rack. Much more convenient that finding the enable button on the send in the source rack. Ideally, the sent-to rack would have an overall bypass but it doesn't look like racks have them, so I guess that's a feature request :).

pljones wrote:Set up two racks, "A" and "B"
Add a send from "B" to "A"
Add a third rack, "C"
Copy (ctrl-drag) the send from "B" to "C"
I'd expected the send in "C" to point to "A" - that's why I copied it - but it points to "nothing".
Is that intentional?
It's not "intentional", it's simply a consequence of how things internally work. I would have to add extra code to make it work as you expect, and that's on the wishlist. Currently i'm prioritizing other FRs from the wishlist. The solution is simple: Delete the first send, and insert a new send at the target location. Is that ok for you?

pljones wrote:Set up three racks, A, B, C.
Mute A, B and C.
Insert a send from B to A and C to A.
Solo B. Note that A is now unmuted (similar behaviour to Master rack, it gets co-soloed).
Yes otherwise soloing B wouldn't have effect. So that would mean you would have to manually solo all downstream racks yourself. I think the way it works is ok, agreed?
Ideally, the sent-to rack would have an overall bypass but it doesn't look like racks have them, so I guess that's a feature request :).
A bypass function for racks indeed is on the WL.

For the send, yes, the easiest is to start without one there (switching to Modular and finding everything takes time). I'd sort of expected it work like:
- Copy existing connector (leaving send and receive in place)
- Disconnect from old send end (leaving receive end in place)
- Connect to new send end
Seeing how Modular view works, though, that's not really what's happening, so I understand why it's not "as expected" currently. One related point was that when in Modular view, wiring up a Send from a rack "by hand" (connecting a rack send out to another rack in) did not immediately update the rack to show the new send in the selected slot - unfocussing and refocussing, I think, got the UI updated.

On the second point, I do see why it's potentially useful - I'd just been hoping that feature wasn't there, to work around not being able to bypass a rack :). Would bypass on a rack prevent the flow of signal through the rack or simply not process it and still pass the input to the output? I'd expect the latter, and it would probably work better that way for me (from my mix perspective).

pljones wrote:One related point was that when in Modular view, wiring up a Send from a rack "by hand" (connecting a rack send out to another rack in) did not immediately update the rack to show the new send in the selected slot - unfocussing and refocussing, I think, got the UI updated.
I see, taken note on the wishlist, thx.
Would bypass on a rack prevent the flow of signal through the rack or simply not process it and still pass the input to the output? I'd expect the latter, and it would probably work better that way for me (from my mix perspective).
Yes the latter. The bypass function will be the process on/off switch of a rack. Just like other modules switching off processing bypasses the signal unprocessed, not blocking it.

pljones wrote: One related point was that when in Modular view, wiring up a Send from a rack "by hand" (connecting a rack send out to another rack in) did not immediately update the rack to show the new send in the selected slot - unfocussing and refocussing, I think, got the UI updated.
I just wanted to make you aware that its not just in modular view, it happens in a normal rack too.
I see your response Jo so thanks
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Return to “MUTOOLS”