Massive Darkscore V by The Unfinished - now on sale!

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello KVR. It's 2015 and time for a new synth soundset...

This Friday I'm releasing Massive Darkscore V. It's been a while since the last Massive soundset, but the old beast still retains its charm.

Biting basslines, shadowy pads, crunchy leads, grinding soundscapes and punchy basses fill this soundset. Designed for sombre and action-packed cinematics, and fluid and lo-fi electronica, Darkscore V delivers earth-shattering lows and stratospheric highs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-EB584Qwwg

This collection of gritty electronic cinematic sounds can at turns be used delicately and aggressively. Distorted bass sequences can be pulled back to subtle, pulsing textures; glimmering padscapes can be pushed into rupturing, muscular drones. Emotion and atmosphere meets anarchy and violence.

As usual, deep programming has gone into the Macro controls, creating numerous ways to manipulate the patches on the fly – a huge amount of expression is possible, meaning that hundreds more sounds are at your fingertips, with some judicious tweaking.

https://soundcloud.com/the-unfinished/s ... re-v-demos

Massive Darkscore V contains 128 patches and will be available for £19.99 (+ VAT).

Massive Darkscore V is now on sale!

Very dramatic, intense and dark sound set.

As is usual with this kind of specific focus, maybe the presets are "too good". Some presets are so ready that they form a song by themselves. Of course there more generic presets too, but there is surprisingly few ones which are not useful.

These are not bread and butter sounds. However, there's a lot to learn by seeing how these are done.

You could score some intense action thriller or sci-fi epic without much effort with these. I guess you can add some drama to any genre with these, but it hardly is good stuff for happy and relaxing themes... :D

For darker genres it fits very well.

Massive Darkscore series is heavy dose of intense drama. Good stuff.

In listening between the differences of 'dressed' and 'naked' demos...
Can you give a general description of what was used to 'dress' them?

Nice BTW... bought!
Thanks for the discount!
Made it a no brainer. :D

Just bought, Darkscore is a great resource for Massive users, nice to have a complete set now.

btw for any Kore 2 users left I made ksd versions of I-IV so will no doubt be doing the same for V soon.

@Markku
Thanks for all those kind comments, really appreciate that.

@BBFG#
The dressed demos are allowed to use orchestral sample libraries, live instruments, some percussion. As a rule, nothing that can be confused for what's in the soundset, basically. So, absolutely no other synth sounds/sfx and often no synthetic percussion. Most of the time it is strings, piano and epic percussion that get added.

@aMUSEd
Thanks for that. Maybe next time, I'll remember to contact you beforehand!

synaesthesia wrote: @BBFG#
The dressed demos are allowed to use orchestral sample libraries, live instruments, some percussion. As a rule, nothing that can be confused for what's in the soundset, basically. So, absolutely no other synth sounds/sfx and often no synthetic percussion. Most of the time it is strings, piano and epic percussion that get added.
Thanks, the added instruments are evident. I thought there might be some compression/dynamics added also though since the patches take on a 'smoother' quality in the mix is all.

There may well be a little bit of compression and stuff in the mixes and mastering of the tracks, as they're designed to show how the sounds work in a full-blooded mix. But certainly, there shouldn't be any colouring EQing or plugs that cloud the tone of the presets.

That's why I also do the walkthrough videos, to show them in their completely raw state too.

synaesthesia wrote:There may well be a little bit of compression and stuff in the mixes and mastering of the tracks, as they're designed to show how the sounds work in a full-blooded mix. But certainly, there shouldn't be any colouring EQing or plugs that cloud the tone of the presets.
That's why I also do the walkthrough videos, to show them in their completely raw state too.
I understand that, and don't think it detracts from the sound set in either way. I was just interested in how they were complimented by those fx to be able to get something close to the 'dressed' versions myself. FX seem to help a lot in helping smooth out those qualities I don't care for from the synth itself.
TBH, I haven't been much of a fan of Massive. But I picked up your bundle in the last auction and jumped on this deal too. And your sets are getting me to like the synth more and more each time.

:tu: And I like this last one quite a bit!

Thanks. Glad you're liking it. I started to learn synth programming with Massive, so it will always have a special place for me.

Demos are an interesting subject. I've often ben disappointed by sample libraries that seem to bury their own sounds in a demo track, even without having a 'naked' version sometimes. Seems an odd thing to do. I think it's particularly goo fun to try and do a demo only using the soundset... but it depends what mood I'm in! :)

Today's the last day to use the Newsletter coupon, and I'm not sure which timezone is controlling it! So get in there quick! :)

Return to “Soundware”