Kraftwerk

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, in UK BBC4 is showing a documentary on said electro combo tonight at 22:00 followed by a repeat of Synth Britannia.
Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone thats interested.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Watching right now. A whole hour of genius! Then an hour and a half of everyone trying to be half as good. :)

The stream was blocked in germany, so could not watch it.

Anyway, there was a nice interview with Kraftwerk boss Ralf Hütter on RadioEins ElektroBeats two weeks ago
(on the occasion of their concert in Berlin).

http://www.radioeins.de/programm/sendun ... zerte.html

watched it yesterday. A decent enough doc spoiled by having coldplay at the end :x

Kriminal wrote:watched it yesterday. A decent enough doc spoiled by having coldplay at the end :x
Nooooooo ... !!! wtf are they doing in a Kraftwerk documentary?

thecontrolcentre wrote:wtf are they doing in a Kraftwerk documentary?
Coldplay song Talk is a Kraftwerk cover. :D

Chris-S wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:wtf are they doing in a Kraftwerk documentary?
Coldplay song Talk is a Kraftwerk cover. :D
Well ... that just shouldn't be allowed. :tantrum:

All is okay. Chris Martin wrote a letter to Ralf and got the permission to use the ComputerLove riff. ;)

i preferred their pre autobahn stuff to be honest, which got a brief mention in the show but could have had a bit more depth. i did notice that the crowd seemed more in to it in the black and white footage than the tate modern gig.
although i did enjoy the minimum/maximum gig years back, not much dancing though :hihi:

vurt wrote:i preferred their pre autobahn stuff to be honest, which got a brief mention in the show but could have had a bit more depth. i did notice that the crowd seemed more in to it in the black and white footage than the tate modern gig.
Looked like they were off their tits :hihi:

and theres a problem with this because?

:hihi:

vurt wrote:and theres a problem with this because?

I wasnt invited :x

Chris-S wrote:All is okay. Chris Martin wrote a letter to Ralf and got the permission to use the ComputerLove riff. ;)
Chris Martin should have written a letter to the world apologising for what he did to Kraftwerk. :x :cry: :dog:

Actually, Chris Martin should write a letter to the world just apologising ...

Kriminal wrote:watched it yesterday. A decent enough doc spoiled by having coldplay at the end :x
Could be MaoMoonDog in disguise?

vurt wrote:i preferred their pre autobahn stuff to be honest, which got a brief mention in the show but could have had a bit more depth. i did notice that the crowd seemed more in to it in the black and white footage than the tate modern gig.
although i did enjoy the minimum/maximum gig years back, not much dancing though :hihi:
The reason it didn't get much coverage is because, at that time, they weren't really doing anything to distinguish themselves from a lot of other bands in Germany and the sound was decidedly anglo/american psychedelia influenced. They (rightly) focused on the time when they arguably became the most important 'band' on the planet and became much, much more than the sum of their parts.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”