I'd need a guitarist. Looking for online collaboration for a hobby project.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. I hope that i'm not doing anything wrong asking for this. Being my english so poor, i'll try to explain what i'd need using short sentences.

Who I am:
An italian programmer, 44 y.o., and a hobbyst musician. I never had any real income from music in all my life, and no income at all in the last 20 years. I play music, or compose it, just for the fun of it. I play keyboard as my main instrument and a bit of acoustic guitar as it's a portable, wireless (;) ) instrument.

What i want to do:
i wrote a song when i was more or less 20 y.o., which had a great success between a small community of teenagers where i operate at that time.
Now, we all have 25 more years on the shoulders, Facebook made us been in contact again, and still that "kids" (they all will always be my "kids") pops out asking for a record of that song. I'd like to make them happy and "produce" that song at a decent level.
Problem is that that song was written with, and for, a guitar. I already have it arranged with strings and piano tracks but still i need the main track, the acoustic guitar (i'll go for the voice track later in this year).

To give you an idea about the song, later that year Poisons published "Every rose has its thorn" which, lyrics and main melody apart, is pretty similar in style and chords.

What i'm asking:
- I'm searching for someone that can record a couple of tracks of acoustic guitar at a good quality and provide me a wave file that i can use in my DAW.
- This guitarrist should be good enough to "understand" what i mean with my poor, artificially made guitar track and apply all the "good things" that real guitarrist known. What i mean is that i just have a couple of "mandatory" things, and then the guitarrist is free to do everything he thinks is good for the song. If he thinks that a twelve strings guitar is better than a folk one, for me it's good. If he thinks it is better that he record the guitar already with the effects instead of dry, for me it's good.
- A solo, still on acoustic guitar, could be helpful, but not mandatory.
- I can provide the whole song in various formats (FL project, Audio or Midi) and in various "versions" (with or without fake-guitar track, with or without me horrible singing the song for reference, etc).
- I wish i could, but i CAN'T pay for this collaboration. Yes, i'm asking to do it for the fun of it. I know it sounds weird (i hope it don't sound offensive) but i can't do anything about this (economy in italy is broken).
- The song will be published on my account on Soundcloud and Reverbnation, and privately sent as a MP3 to the friends i mentioned at the beginning. The guitarrist will be credited or not mentioned at all as he wish. I will not have control of the file once sent to my friends, but honestly, i don't think it will be stealed and monetized :)
- Time is not a problem, but i already lost 3 years waiting for "friends" which promised me to play that tracks but then noone actually made it, so i'm asking for a bit of coherence: i'm trying to be the most honest possible with this post, i'd like to have back the same honesty.

I hope that i've been clear enough and also that i don't break any rule. I'm also worried about the lack of money involved; really, no offense.
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

No one? Really?

If I were you I would check out the SkyTracks.io community on Facebook. They constantly look for musicians for music collaborations. I personally use it and its really great. Also, you can check out the SkyTracks.io website. Thats the free platform I use to import my tracks and sync them with the other collaborators' tracks. Let me know if you are interested in creating a song together!

Jay

Hey, Thanks!
Well, i still have that song i talked about in the first post who needs a real guitarrist. I'll check the sites you mentioned.... do you think it is mandatory to go with them (in term of efficency and easy going)? I already have the "demos" on Dropbox, we could talk via PMs here....

I'll wait for your answer :)

AND THANKS

Contattami...
Contact Me...
;-)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”