Basic sampler for use in Logic Pro X

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't seem to get ESX24 into my workflow when using Logic X, the extra steps saving instruments bug the hell out of me and the interface is just awful... I also have Kontakt but this can be over kill sometimes... it is too big for one sample or too much in some projects with all the routing work that needs doing, when using this method I feel like it's a separate app and goes against my workflow.

I love the type of samplers built in to Bitwig and FL Studio or Sampler/Simpler in Ableton... There is no messing about with these, just load the basic sampler, throw a sample in and your good to go... I've tried finding something similar to use in Logic but not getting very far, any ideas? :tu:

New sonic arts nuance is great. Real quick non workflow killer.

Hi,

I had the same problem.

EXS24 and Kontakt were too much for one-shots and I turned to discoDSP's HighLife.
It's quite lightweight and you can use many instances with single shots on your tracks
without having to worry about routing, outputs and CPU load.

Give it a try. The demo is fully functional. I used it without ever registering it.
The specs said that demo hasn't got preset recall but mine had.

Thanks guys i'll give them both a test drive.

It's a bit more than basic, but it is a great free sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com

you could just drop it into an Ultrabeat. Use the drag N drop preset to make it blank, use as many or as few of the slots as you need. It doesn't use much processing to just play one sample and you have the filters and distortion if you want them.
I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time.

Just thought I would bump this up as I am still having trouble.. I left it for a bit because I was messing around with Bitwig.. I am now back in Logic and still annoyed by the Sampler issue.

I tried tx16wx but couldn't get it to load

Bliss looks awesome, but seemed to muffle the sound, as if there was a filter on or something... made me reluctant to buy the full thing. I played the same kick drum side by side with audio, kontakt and bliss.. bliss was clearly the worst.

Is there anything else on the market?

Strange what you said about Bliss. It shouldn't sound like that. Can you send the wave file to bliss@discodsp.com please? Thank you!

George wrote:Strange what you said about Bliss. It shouldn't sound like that. Can you send the wave file to bliss@discodsp.com please? Thank you!
Of course :) sending now.

Nuance

I have the same frustration with EXS24. Ultrabeat is ok for one-shots, but not for keyboard spreads, and has an even more cumbersome UI than EXS24.

Now Garageband on iOS ... Here we have a winner: it has a fantastically QUICK, simple sampler. It is super basic but instant to work with. It's like having that silly Casio sampler in your pocket, with super basic editing and presets. Apple should put it into Logic for those moments of impulsive sampling. Garageband on iOS gets it right here big time. Weirdly, it's not in GarageBand on Mac (?).

I also liked that Cakewalk has a similar simple sampler called DropZone. Originally for their consumer-level software (a GarageBand wannabe), they ended up putting it into Sonar because... well , why not??! (and it was more content to add for the marketing). Windows only. :-/

Nuance sounds interesting, but seems costly for being "simple and unbloated". Looks like a bit more than "simple". Sometimes developers over-develop stuff, even when trying to go basic.

I'd suggest Renoise Redux, but it's not exactly simple. Check out the demo anyway.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”