Aegis x64 updated to 1.01

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aegis

Aegis

Aegis VST is inspired by the old Amiga synth Sonix.
It's main features are the Drawable Oscillator and LFO waveforms and a special type of Phase Distortion.
Features:

1 Drawable Oscillator. (128 samples).
1 Drawable LFO, that can be used as an envelope.
ADSR with adjustable slopes.
Two types of Phase Distortion/Modulation.
A Low-Pass Filter.
Can add Harmonics to the Drawable waveform.
Waveform copy and paste.
Last edited by Xenobioz on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Your previous synths are really good. Let's check this out.

Thanks!

This is my first VST that is an "emulation". It's also contains a lot more custom coded C++ modules than any of my VSTs before. That includes Oscillator, LFO and the Wave Editor.

SONIX was the best soft synth on Amiga (that I had at least). And I missed having something like that a long time. It probably was one of the reasons I got into Synthedit. Unfortunately I was not able to make an emulation of it until now. Of course now there are lots of good freeware synths.

I'm currently working on a new VST that can do everything I always needed. But it will only have the most necessary features for a varied sound palette. After that I will probably make a big synth with more options.

I absolutely LOVED it. Awesome oscillator section and the phase distortion module is tons of fun. Looking forward to more similar releases from you in the future. This one is a blast!

I've made a short demo video, checking out the waveform editor and the filter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP3I4K93TkM
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Thanks! It feels good to hear you like it.

Since there is no manual I should mention that, when Phase Depth is zero then the Modulation type will change from PD to Phase Mod (using an additional copy of the waveform that is modulated).
When speed is zero, the Phase section will be off.

I Forgot to thank you for the Video. :tu:

Very cool idea! Thank you.

Nice! This will sit well in my chiptune "arsenal" :hihi:

Thanks for making it!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Well, I tried everything including JBridge but I can't get any sound out of this at all.

Sure it's a fine synth for those who can get it to work.

64 bit Windows 7 users, good luck.

wagtunes wrote:Well, I tried everything including JBridge but I can't get any sound out of this at all.

I'm sorry it doesn't work for you. If you check the folder were it's installed, is there a folder called Aegis in there? Does it contain about 16 files?

Thanks!

Xenobioz wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Well, I tried everything including JBridge but I can't get any sound out of this at all.

I'm sorry it doesn't work for you. If you check the folder were it's installed, is there a folder called Aegis in there? Does it contain about 16 files?

Thanks!
Yes. I guess it must have been created when Cubase initialized the dll because when I downloaded the file, all it was was just the single dll.

Everything appears to be setup right. It's just another 32 bit plugin that doesn't work on my PC.

Nothing new here.

wagtunes wrote:
Xenobioz wrote:

Thanks!
Yes. I guess it must have been created when Cubase initialized the dll because when I downloaded the file, all it was was just the single dll.

Everything appears to be setup right. It's just another 32 bit plugin that doesn't work on my PC.

Nothing new here.
OK, that was the only thing I could think of right now. Hopefully I can buy a new computer this year. Then I will start testing making 64bit plugins. I'm always waiting for some newer technology and now also cheaper prices. So I never buy a new computer hehe.

Xenobioz wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Xenobioz wrote:

Thanks!

Nothing new here.
OK, that was the only thing I could think of right now. Hopefully I can buy a new computer this year. Then I will start testing making 64bit plugins. I'm always waiting for some newer technology and now also cheaper prices. So I never buy a new computer hehe.
I recognize your name and have actually tried a lot of your plugins off your site. None of them work. I don't know why I thought this one would be different. Shame, because I've heard some nice things about your synths.

It works here. The sound is pretty raw and powerfull. Very cool!!!

Return to “Instruments”