Dark designs: CAGE for Kontakt, sfz, zampler, wav

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hhh-2.jpg
Hello! Started sample libraries development under name Boyss-Sound-{e}-scapes. First one is Dark designs: CAGE library. Comes in Kontakt format (full version-Kontakt 5.4.1 and higher), Zampler-RX bank, SFZ (any software that can use sfz patches) and WAV loops (44,1 KHz/24 bit).
Cage was recorded at 96KHz/32bit using contact mic while torturing old rusty cage- hence the name. Processed with various FX, sliced, looped, resampled at 44,1KHz/ 24bit. End result are creepy dark atmospheres, deep drones, textures and evolving pads.
Its best suited for adding dark atmospheres and tensions to any project audio related: video production, game audio, music like dark ambient etc.
Size is little over 200 Mb and cheap price: around 5 $ or 4 €. Free demo is available, before anyone asks same license is as for full, means demo can be used like purchased version.
Library is located here: http://www.sampleism.com/boyss-sound-e- ... signs-cage
Check out video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2dHF7BwMX0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Downloaded the free preview on Sampleism. This is very much what I look for in dark atmospheric sounds. Awesome work! Tried purchasing the full version through the site, but it kept coming back saying there was an error. Will contact the site about it and hopefully get it sorted out.
Anyway, congrats! Hope to see more like this from you in future. :clap:

Thanks, appreciate! I hope they will sort it out. I only encounter errors when I forgot to login first, probably thats not yr case, sorry if I wasnt helpful.
It takes time to finish even small sample libraries but sometime in the future I hope there will be more. Thanks again

Managed to get the full version recently. Still exploring all of the sounds, but so far this thing is a beast. Very generous price for what it's packed with. A well deserved bump.

Post deleted, please see below.

/Joachim
Last edited by Spitfire31 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

UPDATE

Just now, I received a friendly support response from Glyn Lloyd at Sampleism (on a Sunday morning, at that!), explaining that the Sampleism download engine doesn't play nice with downloaders (which I discovered, please see quote below).

She reset my download quota (apparently, there are three, although my DownThemAll consumed them all in one go and, in the end, only spit out the HTML receipt page).

Using the browser download feature (which I almost never do), I managed to download CAGE and am looking forward to exploring it.

I also suggested to Glyn that Sampleism, like a few other download sites, should display a clear warning on the download page NOT to use a downloader. It would save customer frustration and also relieve kind Glyn of chores on a Sunday morning.

/Joachim
Spitfire31 wrote:Warning!

While this is undoubtedly a very exciting product, the Sampleism download routines are a disaster. This is what I wrote to support after my 218 MB download had been 'transformed' into a 19.4 kB HTML file:

"Re: Order PO15099----------------88

Hi,

I just bought Dark Design's CAGE at £3.17, having checked in using my Google account and having paid using Paypal: Transaction ID: 66------------05P.

I downloaded using my Firefox DownThemAll downloader that ALWAYS works. I checked progress and it downloaded 218 MB to my Mac OS 10.9.5 desktop.

Just after my download was finished, my product file transformed into an HTML file of 19.4 kB! No CAGE sample instrument anywhere!

And "downloads consumed" after ONE try?

This is, frankly intolerable. Please restore my download IMMEDIATELY and inform me if there are any special restrictions on using a common downloader.

Signed Joachim ---------"

So, I'd advise anyone contemplating CAGE to hold off until I post back that this problem has (hopefully!) been fully resolved.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Thanks to support at Sampleism, Im glad you sorted out problem.
From my experience I had that problems too with a lot of sites (amazonas cows in direct link address or something, payloadz etc) and that can be a lot frustrating. Download manager captures link and depending how it is setup it can consume all attempts for that link (thats how server see it) but we usualy only see error "couldnt download it will download html page instead" or similar. Solution that works for me is to limit download manager to only 1 thread/connection or better one which Im using successfully to uncheck some types so it wont take over: rar-zip and to use browser to download. I can always edit and add zip/rar to list of file types in download manager if I need to for other stuff.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”