[piano/chill] Winter Route

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Definitely one of my better tracks: https://soundcloud.com/evoava/winter-route

Nice. :tu:

Would have seen something else for the snare part. But the constrast is interesting.
Thanks for the moment.

Edit note : Listening to a few of your tracks on SC. Lot of nice things. :phones:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Oh yeah, I actually had a more hiphopish beat for the snare, a bigger one, like an 808 snare, but I decided it would be better to have a weaker snare because I'm thinking this'll be an album closer. Definitely was going for the contrast, the weak, swinging snare in the middle that kind of functions as an afterthought.

Beautiful track!

I think quieter drums might have fit better but you made the more upfront drums work.

Thanks man, I was definitely going for a contrast though! I have tried quieter and louder drums and preferred these the most. They're almost playing to a different tune, but are somehow working together.

Very nice track!

Drums (snare at beginning and marching towards the end) are a little distracting (I like minimalist melodies of this kind :^)) but overall really excellent peace.

Regards

Many thanks, I was going for a specific feeling with the drums. Though I'm thinking about turning them down a bit. I think the way the drums contrast with the melody create this 'incomplete' feeling that isn't whole.

How about bringing the snare down a little and giving it a longer reverb. That might soften the impact, and give the track a lazier, more mellow vibe, which could work quite well for an album closer. Great combo of piano/pads/violin/reversed synth/guitar.

Good work :)

Snare is way loud compared to everything else, as has already been mentioned... love the piano melody. The raining sound effect also cuts off very abruptly and sounds odd. This is very nice though... I love moody music...

Hey Death Machine, thanks for the feedback! I actually changed the snare sometime yesterday, I quieted it down, and a few other parts of the mix. I'm not sure if it was before or after you listened to it though, since it was around that time.

seismic, I've tried giving the reverb a longer decay time, and it begins to sound cheap pretty quickly. It's literally dialed back to within a few ms of sounding cheap! Though I have quieted the snare down. The raining effect was meant to cut off quickly for effect, then the piano melody begins the transition.

I've listened to it quite a few times now, and I'm getting used to the snare. Maybe the volume cut did the trick.

Yeah after listening to it a few times myself with the lower snare I do like it better. The snare is still very clear while being lower. I should probably go by that philosophy. Nothing should really be louder than it has to be.

pg 3 bump :)

Return to “Music Cafe”