Evolution Electric Guitar Strawberry - NEW VERSION!!

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

“This is it! Finally a guitar I can play that doesn't hurt my fingers. Seriously this is the best Guitar sample set I've ever come across- Just bought it and I'm BLOWN AWAY” - James Venable (Zack and Miri, Clerks II, Scary Movie 3/4, Samurai Jack)

We’re proud to announce the release of the new version of Evolution Electric Guitar - Strawberry. This latest version upgrades the library to the new Evolution guitar engine premiered by our recently-released Evolution Electric Guitar - Stratosphere sample library for KONTAKT. The new version is completely FREE for existing owners of the library. If that’s you, be sure to check your email to download the new version.

The update features tons of new features and improvements:

For example, Strawberry has an intuitive, powerful strumming pattern editor. We felt it was important to make something that represents strumming better than the traditionally-used step sequencer approach, so we came up with a more powerful system that’s fast and easy to use. It gives you control over which strings get strummed, the direction of the strum, and the speed of the strum. Plus, you can use many articulations within a single strum pattern, and even incorporate special effects like string slaps as part of the pattern.

Next, all the factory presets are available directly inside Strawberry’s interface, meaning that you can see the preset name at all times as well as use convenient arrow buttons to scroll through the included collection of factory guitar tones and strumming patterns. We converted many of the fan favorites from the previous version as well as adding lots of new clean, crunchy, and distorted preset options.

Finally, Evolution Electric Guitar - Strawberry comes with a robust guitar effects engine, including a vast collection of over $8,000 of modeled guitar pedals. In fact, in the time between releasing Evolution Electric Guitar - Stratosphere, we’ve added several new reverb pedals. Additionally, you have selectable guitar cab sizes with several options for microphones and mic placement. All together, you have a comprehensive guitar effects suite at your fingertips without external guitar effect processors necessary to get amazing-sounding tones.

But don’t just take our word for it, let your ears decide.

Audio Demos:
Demo #1: Deimos
Demo #2: Reja Vu
Demo #3: Scarlet Queen
Demo #4: Slithery Tattoo

Key features:
  • Multitracking up to quadruple tracking.
  • Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
  • Various vibrato styles, from classic vibrato to rock and metal vibrato with adjustable depth/speed. Vibrato can be assigned to MIDI CCs or aftertouch.
  • Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
  • Built-in strum pattern editor for authentic guitar strumming.
Sampling specifications:
  • Over 3,500 samples, recorded in 24-bit, 48khz.
  • Articulations such as sustains, half palm mutes, full palm mutes, mutes, squeals, tapping, natural harmonics, plus special effects such as chugs, scratches, string slaps, and much more.
  • MIDI articulations for instant upward/downward grace notes, buzz trills, whole-step slides, whole-step hammer-ons, slides (velocity-based and tempo-synced), octaves, and powerchords.
  • Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
  • Modeled pickup selection for bridge, bridge + neck, and neck pickups.
Pricing:
The update is completely free for owners of Evolution Electric Guitar - Strawberry. However, if you don’t own the library, it’s available at a 25% OFF re-introductory discount. This time-limited discount lasts until March 14th, 2015, so don’t miss out!

Format:
Due to the extensive scripting, this sample library is available in KONTAKT 4 / 5 format only. The sample library requires the full retail version of KONTAKT 4 / 5, so it is not compatible with the free KONTAKT Player.

Downloads:
User's Guide (PDF)

Visit the product page here: Evolution Electric Guitar - Strawberry sample library for KONTAKT

Or you can click here to order Evolution Electric Guitar - Strawberry directly
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Greg,

Thanks for this update. It certainly looks cool. One question: is it backward compatible? If I apply the update will current sound that I have loaded into certain songs still play and sound the same?

Thanks

No, it isn't backwards compatible in terms of the Kontakt patch, since the engine was re-written from scratch. However, if you keep a copy of the old patch (you'll need both the NKI preset and NKR resource file), you can load old projects still, since the samples are the same.

That being said, I did convert a lot of the old factory presets to the new engine, so you'll recognize a lot of those presets among the new factory presets.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Great update, very generous. Thank you. Look forward to similar for the acoustic guitar.

Basjoe

Have upgrade emails gone out to owners of the previous version? I don't think I've received one. Thanks.

I'm very much looking forward to eventually having electric, acoustic and classical all in the same fantastic engine.

Could you PM me your email address, or just send me an email directly? I can check if the email got sent out to you, or just resend you the links.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Got it...AWESOME!

I am not sure about compatibility, however, where I used stock patches, it pulled those up with no problem. I imagine if I did any tweaks, I may need to revisit that should I have the requirement to remix.

Jon

Gregjazz wrote:Could you PM me your email address, or just send me an email directly? I can check if the email got sent out to you, or just resend you the links.
Just want to let everyone know that Greg took care of this immediately. Customer service as good as the libraries themselves.

Ain't that the truth.
And this free upgrade is great for an already great product.
I use external hardware FX though.
Since I have a rig that uses hardware analog rack mounted dinosaurs and all digital connections into and out of my Scope DSP Project window my synths and samples get top shelf hardware FX like the TC 3000 and TC Fireworx.
The Distortion/FIlters/ and Modulation FX are big and wide.
Something about external FX just makes samples jump out of a compressed sounding Native track.
Recently bought the Spacestation Vrs. 3.0 with Side speaker and your stuff makes my Guitarist smile on double leads and especially backing rhythms when he solos.

Cheerz

Hello all. Sorry, if my post is something that is very obvious, but I simply couldn't find it.

So here it is - old version (2012) had an option to play polyphonic string (unrealistic), monophonic strings (realistic) and MIDI Guitar versions. What is a corresponding options in the new version? Drives me insane :)

Cheers and thanks in advance.

PS. As usual - must say that w/o your libraries my life would not be the same. Phenomenal stuff.

MIDI guitar mode is set on Setup page. There's no more unrealistic mode :)

EvilDragon wrote:MIDI guitar mode is set on Setup page. There's no more unrealistic mode :)
I guess, that's what I'm struggling with. For some reason by default it DOES sound in that "unrealistic" mode, as I can see on the fret-board...

There's no more polyphonic / monophonic strings mode, although I think it'd be easy to add to the settings. The reason it wasn't included was because most everybody preferred the polyphonic strings mode in the older version. It just made it easier to play from a keyboard and not have to worry about whether or not the phrase could be played the way you want it to in the current fretting position. Otherwise you'd have to automate the fretting position to a MIDI CC and constantly tweak it to get chords to play harmonically, and other things to play using legato.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:There's no more polyphonic / monophonic strings mode, although I think it'd be easy to add to the settings. The reason it wasn't included was because most everybody preferred the polyphonic strings mode in the older version. It just made it easier to play from a keyboard and not have to worry about whether or not the phrase could be played the way you want it to in the current fretting position. Otherwise you'd have to automate the fretting position to a MIDI CC and constantly tweak it to get chords to play harmonically, and other things to play using legato.
If it can be added - (I do understand, that I am in minority) - that would be a huge plus for me. For folks like myself, who are not really good guitar players - or better key players - it's the difference between creating realistic and non-realistic guitar parts. I mean, it is not the show-stopper, I still can use 2012 version, but it is a very much desirable "nice-to-have".

Thanks

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I finally got some time to look at this new version and I'm confused. There seems to be a lot of stuff missing. I keep hoping I'm wrong, but here's the quick list:

1. Where are the strum sustain and strum muted articulations? I especially used the strum sustain articulation all the time.

2. Where did the strum individual strings section go?

3. Where do we map the extended effects? I don't see those at all and I use them a lot.

4. Polyphonic/monophonic strings mode. (I see this has already been discussed.)

It's a beautiful looking interface, but if that comes at the expense of dropping useful features, that doesn't seem like a good way to move forward. Since there's no mention of these features in the new manual and I can't find them in the interface, I'm a little worried.

So, I guess my question is: are these features still available, but in a part of the interface that I've missed? If not, can I download the previous version? I may still have it around on a backup drive somewhere, but I updated my two computers when the new version came out and I keep my backups pretty current, so it's possible I don't have the old version.

Sorry for being negative. I really like the look of the new interface and it looks like the strumming section has really been improved. I've just used the above features so much, I don't really want to give them up and I'm really worried about what will happen when I revisit projects where I used those features extensively.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”