Automatically switch active phrases when using pattern editor

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Still having a lot of fun with Nora. Use it a lot using midi-notes to switch phrases using the pattern editor. What I miss there is that the visible phrase doesn't change automatically when you select a different phrase in the pattern editor. You always have to double click in the pattern editor to see the active phrase, which is confusing. Do I overlook something?

Thanks for your great tool!

Click

No, you are not overlooking nothing. It could change, however I must think in some details:

1. If the Phrase Editor is showing a pattern from Track 1, and you switch one pattern from Track 2, should the Phrase Editor contents change to show the pattern from the track 2? This may create some conflicts, because several patterns can be change at once.

2. Should this be a global preference? Or an option for each track? Or a menu option for the Phrase Editor?

3. Should it work with the playlist?

Hi, thanks for your ultrafast reply.

The way I use NORA, it can be a global preference, focussing on the active track only (or track 1 only), because I use only one track of the pattern editor (if I need more the DAW itself is more appropriate). I don't know about playlist because to be honest - I don't use that that often.

Thanks again.Click

After researching few hours the problem it seems totally viable provide a solution for it. I don't have time to include it in this patch, but it will be included in the next one :)

Super!
thanks

Return to “Squaredheads”