feel like using caustic 3 but concerned...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That it will be a major downgrade from using my desktop. Caustic is only 10 dollars, versus the hundreds I spent on nexus. Thoughts?

Of course it will be a major step down, but just take it for what it is. Have fun with it, use it for sketching ideas out....etc, and do the real work on your computer daw.

There is a pc version of Caustic.

A PC version that is for free!
And one of the best forums around for help and encouragment.
ANd like said above why not have both?
People make amazing things with Caustic by the way without anything else.
Every man and every woman is a star.

http://www.musicalandroid.com/

Is android caustic expandable beyond the 10 dollar setup?

There are quite a few sound packs available

Caustic 3 is a feature packed mini-DAW to many. There are some track limit issues that can be dealt with by samling phrases and trigger them from the drum sampler or PCM synth. I love the modular synth myself. You can make three OSC bass-synths that really rocks, among other exiting things.

Cheers

Wow, how do I put this?
I've spent years using the desktop software (Cubase, Nuendo, FL, WaveLab etc...) And I can say, that it is not quite the step-down as you consider it to be.
$10 for this amazing piece of software I think is far too low; but this is the mobile marketplace, and the economy is a bit different.
Caustic, though not 100% a DAW, is pretty dang close to it, and does have the capabilities to produce pro-audio quality sound, with a user with a trained ear for balanced tone and quality of mixing.

Many users have in fact used Caustic 100% for audio track, and have had to do some tricks to achieve it (I believe audio tracking will come to Caustic, but it's a while off yet from what I've heard) and I have remixed many of them, and got a very nice pleasing tone out of it.

Of course this is a mobile app, made for mobile devices, and it does have its limitations naturally, BUT, with these challenges, really stimulates the imagination, of how you can push this thing to its limits and create some really amazing things with it.

This is what drew me to Caustic three years ago, and I can say without hesitation, that I enjoy creating and working with this piece of software more than the desktop DAWs, much less stressful, and more actual fun, of taking my years of experience to get a good sound out of it. The work I've done with Caustic, and the tools I've created with it, that is widely available on nearly all device platforms, really supercharges the app, and can give you a serious boost.

I am getting into video production mode, and am starting to put some new content up, that shows Caustic in a new angle, and some of the really cool stuff it can do, that should really get your mental wheels spining....

The cool thing too, is that you can stem-export your track, and take them back into your larger DAW for further production or polishing up later....

you can click on my banner below or goto eipso.com to see what I've been doing with it...

Like Kriminal said, PC version is free. I have both and gotta say I like them both ^^ Though on PC I use more reason and reaper but when travelling (or at sleepless nights in bed) the mobile caustic is priceless.

One other thing that is important to point out is that it is made to work very well on small screens which it does very well.
Think that it is indespensible if you only have access to a smart phone with a small screen and want to do some serious music and production as many users have done.
Every man and every woman is a star.

http://www.musicalandroid.com/

Naer wrote:Is android caustic expandable beyond the 10 dollar setup?
Its not about Caustic, its about the hardware. Tablets are a compromise. Android can have plugs but currently don't. ipads cant have plugs but have a better selection of audio software. Full Windows 8.1 tablets are now cheap ($100) and almost give the best of both as they can run almost any windows program. With tablets, the hardware isn't anywhere near as flexible or powerful as a PC. So, no - you wont get a full blown PC replacement tablet unless you spend a lot of money for something like Ms surface pro.
Last edited by UltraJv on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Don't be fooled by the low price. Caustic is an amazing piece of software with great support - and the stuff from EIP Studios takes it to another level. I run it on a Nexus tablet which is rock solid stable, as is Caustic. All of the drums and percussion on my recent album were programmed and submixed in Caustic. If I hadn't spent so much damn money in the past on VSTs (and therefore felt obliged to use them), I would've made the whole album in Caustic.

Caustic is the same on all platforms offered, there is no "super Caustic" for Windows (that was just a gift from the dev for reference and expandability for users of the mobile app)

This software goes far beyond its initial appearance and stock offerings, as I have labored to achieve over the past three years I've been privileged to be a part of the community there. I've created a vast library of expansions and tools that really supercharges Caustic, and even my old Samsung Galaxy S phone (I keep it around for testing) eats it all up without choking. I have a TON of new things and suprizes waiting to unleash, when 3.2 update hits the scene, including PocketKit Platinum, which I hope will bring the finest drum experience to the mobile platform for serious-minded musicians, which has been nine months in the making.

But with all of that aside, think of Caustic not so much as a cool groovebox beat machine, but a giant modular machine that can do so many cool things, that rival desktop DAW and music production software (in a general sense of course --- it is a mobile app for pocket computers right) and can create some very high quality content, as demonstrated by many users in the SingleCellSoftware Community, and a few treats myself.

Oh yes, for a powerhouse sketchpad value, the quick and easy method of implimenting ideas in your head right away, is worth its weight in gold, no doubt... you know how frustrating it can be to have an amazing idea hit you when you are nowhere near an instrument or desktop production workstation? Well, not anymore. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”