Need Advice On Combining Midi Clips

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have clips on 6 different channels which represent midi data for drum hit. Kick, snare, clap etc.
I would like now combine them into a single clip on a single channel but can't figure out how this is done.
I have tried highlighting midi notes and using copy/paste function but I'm not sure how to ensure that the notes line up exactly where they were when pasting into a new clip. This seems like such a simple function but I can't wrap my head around it today.

maybe cut them exactly before and after the first and last note, then put them all next to each other and consolidate?

different midi channels in one midi file might be a problem tho

maybe use the note receiver and put 6 on one track, one for every drum track, and then record it?
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

TristanMendoza wrote:maybe use the note receiver and put 6 on one track, one for every drum track, and then record it?
This sounds like a good idea. Thanks. I'll have a go at setting that up later.

i tried a couple o tricks, put midi out to one track, nothing, put fx layer and note receiver i noticed that i cant record using that, only way to record was to have input on track using midi from others (there where u select mic input on a audio track), have overdub active and record one at the time by changing midi input on the track you are recording everything to. The second thing you can do is copy paste the notes, have pianogrid so you only see one clip not arrenger view and paste, timing can be wrong just drag it correct with mouse
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

looping back the MIDIs to BWS with some virtual cable like the free one http://nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html is the simplest IMO, u can record the notes even with master track just change its type to instrument one

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:looping back the MIDIs to BWS with some virtual cable like the free one http://nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html is the simplest IMO, u can record the notes even with master track just change its type to instrument one

Cool did not know this trick from the gif. NIce to add to my knowledge =) thanks!
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard

Xbitz i did not manage to do what you did, does it have anything to do with hardware instrument?

should install LoopBe then set it in the preferences as generic midi keyboard (add controller manually), after it u can send notes through it back to BWS using the HARDW. INSTR. as sender and the previously set controller as receiver
midiin.png
there is some delay, so worth to using the record quantization otherwise it needs to be corrected manually
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ah i see, just easier to take midi and put into one copy paste. But that just me, how i like to do it :)

BWS needs a MIDI merger device like
:D than it's solved

Return to “Bitwig”