[SOLVED] Sylenth1 license problem in Presonus Studio One

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I own and have been using Sylenth1 with no problems in Ableton Live 9 Suite (stable version 9.1.7). Today, for the first time, I tried adding Sylenth1 to a new track in Presonus Studio One (v 2.65). When the Sylenth1 interface came up, I noticed that it said, "NOT AVAILABLE IN DEMO MODE" across MOD ENV2, LFO2, and MISC2.

I clicked on Menu then Register, and then clicked the license.dat file that I'd copied to my C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\Sylenth1 folder. This is the same license.dat that I applied when I first used Sylenth1 in Ableton Live 9 Suite. I got the message, "Invalid license file".

The only difference that that might be relevant is that Live 9 Suite is 32-bit and Studio One is the 64-bit version. I have both the 32-bit and 64-bit Sylenth1 VSTs installed on my 64-bit Windows 7 PC.

Edit: This now seems to have fixed itself. When Sylenth1 was the first track in a new song, it showed Demo mode and made no sound. However, I just removed track 1 and put Sylenth on a new Track 2 (with Dune 2 now on Track 1) and it seems to be working fine now. No idea what the problem was but if anyone can shed any light on it I'd be interested. Thanks.

Well the first thing I could think of is the computer being confused about the location of your license.dat file.

To avoid this, just manually copy the file into the right installation folder. The default installation folder is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Sylenth1 (for 32-bit)
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Sylenth1 (for 64-bit)

Thanks but a) my 32-bit VSTs are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins, and my 64-bit VSTs are in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins; and b) the license.dat file was in the 32-bit directory buy Sylenth didn't recognise it until I restarted it. The problem has been solved for over a month now.

Return to “LennarDigital”