Wishful thinking for Novation Launchkey mini controller?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys... I'm really hoping this video is showing off a fully fledged Novation mini controller script for the BWS 1.2 release, or if not this guy doing the video will at least share this script.
I am using a script at the moment, but it is limited to basically general midi i.e pads, keys and knobs work.

I actually was comparing the narrators voice to Doms from another video, but it's not him :(

(obviously I have asked kindly for the release of this script on the youtube channel, but no response as yet )

Anyway thoughts and feedback welcome ... thanks :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QCygMhagwU

The launchkey mini would be a great piece of kit for bitwig.

Imhave the Launchkey 49 which is very similar I think. Everything works perfect but I cannot trigger this clips you are showing in the video.

I asked at Bitwig support but they said they have no time at the moment to implement it. I also asked at focus rite but they said the guys at Bitwig should add support for the controller.

So here is a similar thread where some folks are searching for a solution but I actually don't think I have the scripting skills to do it so maybe we find somebody to do it.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5752069

Those threads could be merged and when a lot of people ask for support of the Novation controllers maybe somebody is so kind to add those drum pads to the actual script.

The launchkey mini would be a great piece of kit for bitwig.
Yes indeed, and along with this functionality of the script in the video it could actually be the tipping point at which an undecided potential buyer of Bitwig would pay for the software if the script came pre-installed.

I'm sure the Bitwig Devs are fully aware that there is a big market for affordable controllers and having full functionality in their software is very important regarding sales.

@hihu , I did notice the other thread and was going to add my post there, but as there had been no activity in a while I decided to start a new thread ( well that and the fact that I got overly excited about the script in the video and had to post )

...Anyway, yes it would be a good idea if the threads/requests were merged together in 1 place.

I didn't want to bother the Devs with a feature request at this moment as obviously they are busy with this next major release :)

...maybe if enough people actually comment to the user on the video above he may answer. I would not mind paying for the script either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bitwig”