Cloud-based subscription is the future, and it sucks

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why pay once when you can pay slightly less every month for the rest of your life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Ibg9IlkA8

Yeah man it's sad, there's gonna be an epic period of fascism and mega-extortion before this all blows over. It'll all backfire when they get nanotech mind-control into some of our heads, and we flip out, ride the two-way channel they open, and snap their synapses back to the frickin protoplasm from which they dared to devolve.

Fascist f**ks. Ha ha.

How do you really feel about it?

I mean subscription on a "rent to own" basis - that is pay for say 12 months then you own the product, yeah, sure. More like installments that way. I can go for that, but lifetime subscription, pay forever (they know Singularity is at hand) or lose the product?

Special place in hell for this shit right here man.

Also, it's easy to rant as a consumer. But even from the businesses' perspective, it feels like they're trying to shoehorn in some kind of cloud thing just because they heard it was the Next Big Thing and they need in if they wanna stay current. Maybe it makes some sense for Adobe to do it. But, for instance, Cakewalk's new Sonar policy? How does that help anyone? I really like Cakewalk's products, and they are generally extremely customer-friendly (I had the easiest tech support call of my life today with them), but this whole trend has me feeling a bit like "Oh no, not you too."

Is it really gonna be worse than iloks though...

If you don't pay these services, they will fade away like a bad dream :borg:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Clearscreen wrote:Is it really gonna be worse than iloks though...
I dunno. Does you iLok charge you for stuff every month? Mine doesn't but maybe your one has gone rogue.

So it seems that we will see "No dongle or regular subscription required" adverts soon. Nice.
Peace and tolerance

hey modern maketeers, the 70s called and they want their 'cloud computing' back...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”