Love for OP-X Pro II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, today I was jamming about and I started craving that kind of resonant sweepy Oberheimy thing. I hadn't sparked it up in a while so I launched OP-X Pro II.

I'd forgotten how damn good that plug in is! We were talking about soft synths with good resonance (many suck) and I'd forgotten about this one. Dare I say it's one of the best? Maybe... the best? Such a sweet warm tone.

...but I started to think... why don't we talk about it here? Diva Diva Diva till the cows come home, but not much of a peep about OP-X Pro. I think it's due to a few things. First and foremost, the UI is terrible. It's that "oh it looks like the hardware" rookie mistake. It's not hardware. It needs a redesign with an emphasis on usability and clarity. Feature wise I think a good mod matrix would do wonders... and perhaps add a good overdrive/distortion unit. I know others complain about a 64 bit version, and while that doesn't matter too much to me, I can see why others would want it. So... drop the Synthedit.

I think if Soundprojects could implement these changes OP-X would become one of the most talked about plug ins.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Hmm. I actually think the interface is fine, but maybe that's because I come from a hardware background. Agreed it's a fantastic sounding synth, though!
-Tom

https://assemblage23.bandcamp.com
http:/helix.bandcamp.com

This was the first VST I bought, OP-X Pro-II which came with OP-X Pro and I use FL Studio
needless to say the Pro-II never worked in FL Studio but it did in Cubase 4, so I think an update
would be nice, I also don't like the GUI, I find it's hard to see, I like OBXD and it's UI.
I would like to use this more often since it's just the first OP-X Pro that I can use but one thing
that annoys me is that when ever I open the plugin it shows my serial and name in a blue box
which makes me mad when ever I close the project and reopen the blue box appears like
donationware, anyways I love the original OP-X Pro but I haven't installed it in years but I have
back ups of this so I might install it soon and take another look at it, other than the fact that it's
synthedit, this is a nice emulation.

Recently I emailed them,
and they are working on new version,
even planning a new GUI.... Can't wait :)

dune_rave wrote:Recently I emailed them,
and they are working on new version,
even planning a new GUI.... Can't wait :)
+10 on that, I hope the update is free to existing users.

64-bit version is badly needed. Hopefully it won't take years to happen.

I bought it 18 months ago while I was jobless so I have enough time to play with it.

It can play BIG sounds!

However, in terms of GUI, I wish there is a display panel which shows the reading of the parameters value. That's all.

syntheticillusion wrote:This was the first VST I bought, OP-X Pro-II which came with OP-X Pro and I use FL Studio
needless to say the Pro-II never worked in FL Studio but it did in Cubase 4, so I think an update
would be nice, I also don't like the GUI, I find it's hard to see, I like OBXD and it's UI.
I would like to use this more often since it's just the first OP-X Pro that I can use but one thing
that annoys me is that when ever I open the plugin it shows my serial and name in a blue box
which makes me mad when ever I close the project and reopen the blue box appears like
donationware, anyways I love the original OP-X Pro but I haven't installed it in years but I have
back ups of this so I might install it soon and take another look at it, other than the fact that it's
synthedit, this is a nice emulation.
didnt work in fl studio?

did you try checking "use fixed sized buffers"
ImageImageImage

meh..since OBXD came along, i've never even demo'd it. :shrug:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Meh... layzer obligatory appearing in every OP-X thread saying that OBXD is better (when it doesn't even have half the features of OP-X, or all the signature presets, and no, it doesn't really sound THAT much better - it's just free). Obviously a vested interest since he did the GUI for it. :borg:

EvilDragon wrote:Meh... layzer obligatory appearing in every OP-X thread saying that OBXD is better (when it doesn't even have half the features of OP-X, and no, it doesn't really sound THAT much better - it's just free). Obviously a vested interes since he did the GUI for it. :borg:
never said its better, OBXD just sounds as good as my matrix-1000 hardware module to my ears so i can't justify paying money for something similar thats already doing the job.

Except Matrix 1000 doesn't really sound like an OB-X, not even close.

EvilDragon wrote:Except Matrix 1000 doesn't really sound like an OB-X, not even close.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhe2e11Nvb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nmE5M-AV-M

close enough.

btw, this is my last post in this thread because i'm right. :smack:

Can't really compare a DCO synth vs a VCO synth - the difference only starts there.

love OP-X, just wish for more contrast in the button states in pro-II. It's funny but as much as I wanted to like OBXD we've never really got on.
The thing about OP-X for me is the way it makes me feel when I play it. That alone is worth the price of admission and not something I get from a lot of Vsti's.

Return to “Instruments”