Pitching Vocals (Flume, Zhu, Golden Features etc. style)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Something I've been wondering for awhile is how some of these commerical/also non-commerical songs have such clean pithed vocals. It's very common to hear it in deep house, the low vocals, pitched down 1/2 octives. I have tried using pitch shift(logic) and a few 3rd party plugins such as quickquack pitchwheel, but only seem to end up with one result: Average sounding/distorted vocals. As I pitch the vocals up/down quality is lost quiet rapidly. Even if im only moving it a few notes. So I was wondering if anyone know some good 3rd party plugins that are great for pitching vocals similar to the style of flume (songs such; as insane, hyperparadise remix, sintra, pretty much his first album) or golden features (maybe we are different). Theres a possibility I have what I need for plugins, but just doing it completely wrong. There's tutorials on youtube but they are all very amateur.

If anyone knows some great vocal pitching techniques, plugins would be great to hear from you. I also have NI kontakt sampler which is a possibility?

heres a flumey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIyKy4A4kBU

Melodyne, Revoice Pro 3, Antares Auto Tuner.

These are the ones that come to my mind. With careful manual editing.

Theres a possibility I have what I need for plugins, but just doing it completely wrong.
Yes, you are WAY overcomplicating this. All these artists do is chop up vocal segments into a sampler instrument and play it on different keys. There is no effect plugin needed. It's all in the sampler (any sampler can do this), and it's dead simple to do.
"The Juno 60 was often incorrectly referred to as a synth. It is, in fact, a chorus unit with a synth attached." -PAK

Your video won't play for me but in lots of house music I hear samples just played slowly. Not pitch shifted but re sampled so that the speed drops with the pitch. Aside from that you'll be wanting something with formant correction to do your cleanest re pitching without changing your playback speed. Melda MAutoPitch does that and is free.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”