"Vitality" - Shreddage 2/Classic Progressive Metal

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I swerved off into some softer territory on my last two tracks, but I'm back on course with another heavy hitter. Along with some new material, I've got a new mastering and mixing setup that should bring out some of the details a little better on this track. Enjoy the noise!

https://soundcloud.com/audiosupernova/vitality

After giving myself brain damage due to excessive headbanging...
I gotta ask you, what did you use for the bass ?
This track rocks, I wish I had that kind of inspiration... but I don't.
I'm slowly learning that and I'm very, very pissed off.
"Tyler's words coming out of my mouth."

Anyway... I'm amazed! :D
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Shreddage Bass, Picked Edition. It's running in "Sforzando" by Plogue (SFZ format player), and amped by Amplitube 3. Thanks for the listen and comment my friend. Glad you enjoyed it.

My pleasure :)
But more importantly, thank you! for sharing your work! :)
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Hey man I had a quick question right at the beginning of this piece, how do you get those fast notes to sound that good? When I try to do something with several fast notes like that they just don't sound right, and if I hit the keyswitch to let them ring they all blur together, any advice?

I am using Shreddage 2's built in tremolo picking mode. By default(in the 2X update), it's assigned to a keyswitch, but it can be tweaked of course like all Shreddage 2 settings to be triggered via a range of velocities as well (release version it was triggered via a velocity of 1). Check out the articulations section of Shreddage 2.

Thanks man, it temposynced? I'm trying to do a fast part and even at 50% it feels a little to fast for what I want but what Ive got not isn't sounding to great either :/

your stuff sounds great, so I know its possible to get a good sound I just can't for the life of me figure out how!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”