Voxengo Spatifier “mono to stereo” spatial enhancer plugin released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

20-Mar-2015: Voxengo is happy to announce the release of Spatifier - a “mono to stereo” spatial enhancer plugin for professional sound and music production applications. This plugin can be effectively used to turn mono tracks into spatially-enhanced stereo tracks: it works great for clean and distorted guitars, synth instruments, piano, organ, back vocals and other sounds. Beside that Spatifier can be used to “densify” the sound of reverb sends, and to add “body” to thin and flat sounds.

Spatifier decorrelates the signal in the left and right channels while retaining the “mono compatibility”. Such decorrelation creates the “as wide as possible” surround effect. This effect can be usually used in place of double-tracking technique. The spatial impression can be adjusted in the range from the “in your face” direct to a distant reverby sound.

Spatifier achieves its result by first designing a complex impulse response that is then used by its internal convolution processor. The impulse response is defined by means of graphic equalizer-like controls (which can be adjusted in a freehand mode with the right mouse button). This makes it possible to set the spatial effect for each frequency band individually. In many practical cases Spatifier adds a great deal of warmness and enriches the timbre of the sound being processed.

Spatifier features:
  • 16 frequency bands
  • 6 spatial impressions
  • Selectable random variations
  • Stereo processing
  • 64-bit floating point processing
  • Preset manager
  • Undo/redo history
  • All sample rates support
  • Zero processing latency
Introductory price of USD 59.95 will be effective for two weeks from now, which is 15% off the regular price of USD 69.95. Demo version of Spatifier can be downloaded freely at the Voxengo web site: https://www.voxengo.com/product/spatifier/

Response to the awesomeness:

Both VST 32bit and 64bit crashing on W7 64bit + Reaper 4.75 :neutral:

I can't get it to crash in Reaper 4.77 64-bit, also on Windows7 64-bit. Maybe it's Reaper 4.75-specific.

I really like this one! Voxengo stuff always impresses, or leaves a heavy dent.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Not tried the release yet but beta never crashed on me in Reaper and I had TONS of instances in one of my test sessions. This was on Windows though.

This plugin is a real chameleon. It's extremely usable and can provide very interesting spatialization possibilities. Digging this a lot!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

when trying to insert the plugin, crashing and causing reaper 4.77 x64 to close. Win7 x64.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: reaper.exe
Application Version: 4.7.7.0
Application Timestamp: 54d69429
Fault Module Name: Spatifier.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.3.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 550e6fa2
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000017e943
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: b0c7
Additional Information 2: b0c73ceec9ee216cd4caeb35f83891c0
Additional Information 3: f843
Additional Information 4: f843015dd16c3a70253d1052e2142017

ericzang wrote:when trying to insert the plugin, crashing and causing reaper 4.77 x64 to close. Win7 x64.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: reaper.exe
Application Version: 4.7.7.0
Application Timestamp: 54d69429
Fault Module Name: Spatifier.dll
Are you inserting it into a new project or an existing project? Which sample rate and audio card buffer size are you using? Where you are inserting the plugin - master bus or track? Do you have other plugins in the same chain?

I would be happy to see it crash on my machine, but whatever I do it does not crash, and I use quite powerful tools to detect incorrect behavior.

Aleksey sent me a new version which works. This plugin is impressive. Not only does it produce stereo width, but also the option for distance effects in a way that seems more effective than using reverb.

Imagine pitch shifting/harmonising each band as well! Will demo this..

The crash was fixed in the version 1.1 I have just released. I also extended the introductory offer time.

wow. iz like da voodoo maan.

Return to “Effects”