List of Daws for the ipad?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

anyone have a list of ipad app daws? besides garage band

Auria - but theres à New version coming so may be Better to wait.

Cubasis

Meteor

Multitrack studio

Music Studio
Instant human just add coffee

MultiTrack DAW by Harmonic Dawg.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

For Audio: Auria
For MIDI + Audio: Cubasis (my favorite DAW)
Bang for you buck: Nanostudio (including an awesome sounding synth!! Unlike Cubasis)

Others:

FLMobile
Beatmaker 2

Integrated DAW/apps:

Korg Gadget
IMPC Pro
...and a lot more -since it seems a lot of apps now include a sequenser like JamUp Pro and Amplitube.
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

Hold off on auria. They coming out with new pro version very soon.
Hold off on beatmaker. They coming out with new 3.x version in few months.
Hold off on Nano . They coming out with new 2.x version (but that one might be long in the tooth)
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Thanks a million guys. this helps

Anyone know if you can record Audio tracks in nano studio? And link bias to it? No mention of the audio part.

memyselfandus wrote:Anyone know if you can record Audio tracks in nano studio? And link bias to it? No mention of the audio part.
I believe you can. My recommendation though is,

if you need audio and midi, get Cubasis or wait for Auria Pro to get released and then wait a few months to see how well it is received.

If you just need audio, get Auria as is.

Dont know about the others.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

memyselfandus wrote:Anyone know if you can record Audio tracks in nano studio? And link bias to it? No mention of the audio part.
no you can't, you can only load and rec limited time audio samples and then assign them to drumpad or load them in EDEN synth, none audiotrack inside nanostudio.

perhaps the next nanostudio v2 will allow this.
Win 11, UAD Octo satellite usb, Yamaha AG06 mk2, IK multimedia iLoud MTM x2, Ableton Live 11, Push 2, Reason 12, NI Komplete.

Honestly as dated as Beatmaker is I still think it's the best on iOS. I really, really want to like Cubasis but I've found some fatal flaws -- the drum machine doesn't allow sample import that I can see, it doesn't work with my USB audio interface and it doesn't recieve midi clock.

Beatmaker is also the only drum machine I've found that doesn't have some sort of horrible thing wrong with it -- DM1's clock sync is HORRIBLE and MPC from what I've read (a) doesn't do proper MIDI and (b) is by Retronyms so lol if u want updates ever. Maybe Beathawk will work out, dunno yet.

Hopefully Auria Pro is what it's cracked up to be and shakes things up a bit. I'd love to switch.

dumbledog wrote:Honestly as dated as Beatmaker is I still think it's the best on iOS. I really, really want to like Cubasis but I've found some fatal flaws -- the drum machine doesn't allow sample import that I can see, it doesn't work with my USB audio interface and it doesn't recieve midi clock.

Beatmaker is also the only drum machine I've found that doesn't have some sort of horrible thing wrong with it -- DM1's clock sync is HORRIBLE and MPC from what I've read (a) doesn't do proper MIDI and (b) is by Retronyms so lol if u want updates ever. Maybe Beathawk will work out, dunno yet.

Hopefully Auria Pro is what it's cracked up to be and shakes things up a bit. I'd love to switch.
Just curious. What audio interface are you using? I was thinking of getting Cubasis when it goes on sale.

9headshydra wrote:
no you can't, you can only load and rec limited time audio samples and then assign them to drumpad or load them in EDEN synth, none audiotrack inside nanostudio...
Actually you can record 'audio tracks' through the mic or your interface.
dumbledog wrote:...Beatmaker is also the only drum machine I've found that doesn't have some sort of horrible thing wrong with it ....
iMaschine now supports audiobus. Beats Beatmaker's dm in any way imo.
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

telecode wrote:Just curious. What audio interface are you using? I was thinking of getting Cubasis when it goes on sale.
I have this literally the cheapest thing I could find on Amazon last September. It does the trick... barely.

Spiritos wrote: iMaschine now supports audiobus. Beats Beatmaker's dm in any way imo.
Doesn't look like it has a sequencer tho unless I'm missing something. I'm using this with an Elektron Analog Four so I have some... rather specific workflow requirements which I'm still trying to map out. Maybe I should post my own thread on it sometime.

E: oh it does sequence. Hm.

Here's the overview (though couple of simpler DAWs like MultritrackDAW and buggy Meteor are missing there)
http://ipadmusic.com/apps/daws-for-ipad/

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”