Has anybody sucessfully made a Sampler multisampe file with 7zip or WinZip?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ThomasHelzle wrote:The Bitwig Multisample Format is a zip file that can be opened for instance with 7zip and includes a xml file with the definitions so it's easy to create a converter if you or anybody else wants to.
I have a bunch of samples that I would like to convert to multisample files. I recently stumbled on the post above but after some experimentation, it looks like Bitwig doesn't recognize the file when it is compressed 7zip.

These were the steps in my experiment:
1) I extracted the contents of a working Bitwig multisample file using 7zip.
2) I compressed the same contents (xml and Wav files) but changed the file extension to .multisample
3) I dragged it to Sampler but Sampler ignored it.

Any idea why 7zip can open a multisample file but cannot create one?

To create a .multisample file run in terminal

zip -rj ‘path to newfile.multisample’ ‘path to folder’ on the folder

To create a .multisample file run in terminal

zip -rj ‘path to newfile.multisample’ ‘path to folder’ on the folder

Use store method: zip -0Xj ‘path to newfile.multisample’ ‘path to folder’. Compressed multisamples cannot be streamed directly from disk.

With 7-Zip, use the Zip archive format and the "store" compression method.

It would be good if Bitwig put in a decent sampler for V2 or any instrument for that matter. You can add some plugin purchases to that Bitwig subscription because Bitwig is bare bones

popskull wrote:It would be good if Bitwig put in a decent sampler for V2 or any instrument for that matter. You can add some plugin purchases to that Bitwig subscription because Bitwig is bare bones
Now you're just trolling. This thread topic is quite specific and of a technical matter. Why do you bring up completely irrelevant things in this thread?

@popskull: Pretty please, i asked you before to stop trolling other threads. You're free to express your views on topic like everyone else, but if you continue the offtopic trolling it will get you blocked.

Cheers,
Dom

dom@bitwig wrote:@popskull: Pretty please, i asked you before to stop trolling other threads. You're free to express your views on topic like everyone else, but if you continue the offtopic trolling it will get you blocked.

Cheers,
Dom
Dom, you did not ask me before to stop trolling other threads. I do not troll . I'm a Bitwig license holder . I'm querying the capability of the sampler in general . If it's in the wrong thread . Move it. If your going to delete me then refund my V1 license cost .

I did, after deleting your trolling in the RC thread:
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=477407&start=15#p6680221

And i do it again now, as this is a specific thread with a specific question and not about the cabability of Sampler in general.
So pretty please again, with sugar on top: Just stop it, next time will get you excluded from the forum.

Thanks,
Dom

Again dom , as much as it causes you grief , it was not trolling . It was a legit response to upgrade paths in the new model .

I will not post again in Bitwig .

Goodbye

Return to “Bitwig”