March 2015 update: ACE, Bazille & Zebra2 (rev 3437)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

We've compiled a quick update for ACE, Bazille and Zebra2 8)

Most of it is fixes for little bugs and niggles, but there's also a couple of new features added.

We've also moved all our current release versions into a handy little directory:

http://www.u-he.com/fwd/releases

Enjoy,

- Urs

[Zebra] (some bugfixes relate to Latest Builds, not the official version)

0001738 LogicX 10.1 update led to missing GUI when using rev2126
0001754 Deadlock on loading Zebralette or ZebraCM Presets
0001785 Some locked parameters screw MIDI Program Change feature
0001756 Undo / Redo was not working correctly, when undoing preset selection (VST only)
0001312 Perform range indicators were out of position, when UI scaling wasn’t 100% (Win only)
0001295 CC2 wasn’t doing anything
0001202 Zebra crashed when clicking MSEG button (WIN only)
0001064 Unknown value when assigning certain parameters to the XY matrix
0000926 MIDI learning / unlearning XY controls via XY Pads was not possible
0000908 OSC Phase/PW knob didn’t reset to 50.00
0000830 MIDI CC 123 "All notes off" made Zebra2 click
0000825 AAX: Zebra2 Rev 2157 crashed Pro Tools on Windows
0000788 Fixed VST installer permissions on OSX

Zebra now supports GUI scaling in 10%

[ACE]

0001537 VCF2 "offset" and "spread" mode bug (Negative cutoff values were ignored)

ACE now supports Multi-MIDI channel and GUI scaling in 10%

[Bazille]

0001409 DC offset / corruption when using KeyFollow ( -> could lead to silent patches or dead FX)

by the way:

All products are compatible with Pro Tools 12

Hi Urs,

Just to double-check... it's only ACE, Bazille and Zebra that have changed from the previous builds?

(i.e.:the builds of all plugins in the 'current builds folder' are the same as before, so need to reinstall Diva or Uhbiks for example?)

[ Asking as they are all dated 'today' but am guessing that that's the 'upload date' only ]

Cheers,

Alan

Thanks for the updates.

FYI: Chrome Version 41.0.2272.89 m (Win 7 64bit - if that helps) marks the downloads as malicious. I could still retrieve them easily (just opened the Chrome download page, and there you can retrieve every single downlad after they had been marked). But there might be some users, that won't know how.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

taoyoyo wrote:it's only ACE, Bazille and Zebra that have changed from the previous builds?
Yes.

Date is today because we created that directory today (arrrgh).

Another nice update! Thanks!
BTW will be nice to have in this directory also Zebra HZ

Urs wrote:
taoyoyo wrote:it's only ACE, Bazille and Zebra that have changed from the previous builds?
Yes.

Date is today because we created that directory today (arrrgh).
Thanks for confirming Urs!

Alexander_D wrote:Another nice update! Thanks!
Well, hehe, that doesn't work unfortuntely. The directory browser isn't aware of your login status :oops:

I get a crash with Zeebs (using Zebra Redux skin) when Alt+click removing the instance of it in Reaper 4 (64-bit everything, W7). Also get a crash trying to change from Redux skin to default one. Have to manually change the default skin in .txt file for it to actually change the skin...

EDIT: Hm, now that I changed the Zebra2default.txt to have the default skin, it doesn't crash anymore (in any case). Weird. This always seems to happen when I update the plugin with a newer revision...

EvilDragon wrote:I get a crash with Zeebs (using Zebra Redux skin) when Alt+click removing the instance of it in Reaper 4 (64-bit everything, W7). Also get a crash trying to change from Redux skin to default one. Have to manually change the default skin in .txt file for it to actually change the skin...

EDIT: Hm, now that I changed the Zebra2default.txt to have the default skin, it doesn't crash anymore (in any case). Weird. This always seems to happen when I update the plugin with a newer revision...
I guess it might have overwritten a file somewhere. Please keep an eye on it. Or maybe it's an interaction with the new preferences panel that isn't fully finished yet (the code is in the updtaes, but it isn't unleashed in the UI yet)

(UI Themes etc. will be switched from the upcoming preferences panel soonishly... including default UI size)

I'm wondering if it might do something with changing the plugin GUI sizes... since as you know default skin and Redux skin have quite different dimensions. This is what I get (now that it's not crashing) when switching from default skin to Redux skin:

I have to close the GUI and reopen to normalize it!

EvilDragon wrote:I'm wondering if it might do something with changing the plugin GUI sizes...
That's entirely possible. We're working on the resize and skin code all over the place. Gearing up for another update in, hmmm, maybe in summer. It'll take a while until the preferences panel is built into every plug-in. We'll also have to document how to put it into 3rd party skins as the right-click menu is going to go away...

Urs wrote:
Alexander_D wrote:Another nice update! Thanks!
Well, hehe, that doesn't work unfortuntely. The directory browser isn't aware of your login status :oops:
Well. It's not the big problem for me to log in and download Zebra HZ from the web..

Also. I have an important question! I use Zebra a lot. Amazing synth. But I have 27 Display and Zebra looks really small. Hard to work. When I change the size of Zebra to 120% for example it looks really blurry ... Especially OSC labels and the PERFORM SYNTHESIS PRESETS.

And eyes really tired in 5 minutes =( Here is the example:

ORIGINAL: Image

130%: Image

And Diva and Bazille works perfect with 130% for example...

Any chances to fix it?
Last edited by Alexander_D on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexander_D wrote:Any chances to fix it?
Yes. We've planned to do a final nice UI make over for Zebra2 before we concentrate on V3.

Unfortunately the current UI for Zebra2 was done in Photoshop several years ago, before we started doing GUI design at twice the size. Updating it with existing Photoshop files would be exhaustively tedious. So we need to redo them (and while doing that, improve them a bunch)

That's AMAZING news! Thanks, Urs!
Last edited by Alexander_D on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It'd be awesome to see Z2 skin reenvisioned and brought up with the times! Redux is very nice and my default currently - and I bet it made you think about some things UI/UX related, didn't it? :)

Return to “u-he”