What to buy from U-He

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I know of U-He but I've never really used any of their products
Anyone have any suggestions? I've been looking at Presswork and Bazille :)

Once again!! Happy birthday Bitwig! :party:
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

depends on your needs, everything has a different aim.

just demo the stuff ;)

Diva - great virtual analog emulation
Bazille - modular synth.
Actually all u-he stuff is great...
Dunno about presswerk though, never used it.

Really depends what you already have.

I think Diva is the one I'd least likely give up. But Zebra is more versatile. Try the demos, see what feels right.

I just purchased Hive for 55 euro's, thanks Bitwig! ;)

Reefius wrote:I just purchased Hive for 55 euro's, thanks Bitwig! ;)
I was considering Hive too. I'm still on the fence because I don't know if it's too different from sylenth1, which I already own.

I'm leaning more towards Uhbik, as I probably have too many synths already.

But it does make me pause that the collection has not been updated since 2013.

Any wigs have any Uhbik impressions to share?

WXLF wrote:I was considering Hive too. I'm still on the fence because I don't know if it's too different from sylenth1, which I already own.
I also own Sylenth1, but at this price I just couldn't resist buying Hive. Also, I'm not really digging all other U-He synths so it was an easy choice for me.

ceasless wrote:I'm leaning more towards Uhbik, as I probably have too many synths already.

But it does make me pause that the collection has not been updated since 2013.

Any wigs have any Uhbik impressions to share?
i really like them, clean sound and using them in every project somehow.

Yea my thing is the synths, I already have Serum and Razor and they cover just about everything I need and I don't want to add another synth and not use it or something
Thats why Im looking at Presswork, I already have the great sounds, something like Presswork could help them sound better :)
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

if you have flexible synths, i think its still worth trying out Diva/Bazille they are pretty different.
(Bazille does take some time to get used to)

if you have the synths, or really don't need any more.
Satin is worth taking a listen too, it can be subtle or brutal, but adds 'something'

Im thinking either Uhbik or Filterscape, but not really sure how much they add for me.
(given from u-he I don't doubt the sound quality :))

In in the same boat, I own all the UHE synths and satin. I have all the effects I need- I guess I will have another look at filterscape but it hasn't had much update love since its release....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Try out Diva !

DIVA all the way!!!!

Not to compare with serum or razor....

choices..... choices... :?

I can comment on Diva and Hive (also hive in comparison to Sylenth1)

Ok, if you make electronic music/EDM, then Hive is a really good buy. It has that slick sound that U-He is famous for and has a really easy to use interface which makes preset creating VERY fast. I would say that in its design it is very similar to Sylenth1, but the sound it makes is just more solid, and the filters are nicer imho, it also has a few features that Sylenth1 doesn't, but not many ;)

If you already own Sylenth1 then I would suggest trying out Hive first, but if you want a decent EDM orientated synth then this is a goodie.

Diva. Well, this synth has its own reputation already and there's not much to add. It's quite simply one of THE best analogue recreations on the market. But it reflects it's sound quality by CPU demands. This is not a synth to use on a low spec computer at all, but if you have the CPU then I believe this is one of the few synths out there that sounds so good that I *can* benefit you audio.

What it's really going to come down to is the style of audio you produce. I'd suggest you list some of your main styles and works so people can filter it down for you and give an accurate recommendation. I will say one thing though, if you get a U-He product, you're getting a quality product that gets good support :)
Formally known as CnuTram.

Return to “Bitwig”