NI Session Guitarist Strummed acoustic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody here have both this and the NI Funk Guitarist? Id happily buy an acoustic equivalent to Funk guitarist if it has the same interface and programming setup. With how much of a convoluted complicated PITA it was to get proficient with Funk guitarist, I'd rather not have to learn another ridiculously complicated system for programming acoustic parts. So can anyone shed some light on how this thing is set up?

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Much more intuitive and fluid than Funk Guitarist and a joy to use and play.

Use left hand to play preset strum patterns and right hand to play actual chords.

Really useful tool for song composition/inspiration and exploring new ideas.

Downside is limited strum patterns and you cannot create your own patterns.

Otherwise a superb sounding instrument that deserves more attention. Highly recommended.

Check out youtube for more videos.

Can you play individual strums? So that you could make your own pattern in your host without relying on the built in sequencer?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

if you're familiar with the old steinberg/wizoo virtual guitarist, it's the same. Astonishing quality and ease of use. Highly recommended. If you want to make your own patterns, look at pettinhouse or acousticsamples sunbird, because NI session guitarist only have loops.

that was over a year ago... I'm using Strum GS-2 and liking the flexibility with midi programming. I also like the sound for the most part, but I'm thinking of something fuller sounding, like the NI Strummed. The prob is no programming of midi and strums, but is does this come with enough patterns to do most anything? The prob I have with other products is a tinny, midi-sound... that, and the fact that I have to have the full version of Kontakt (which I don't) or get an iLok (which I don't want to), or the cost is prohibitive.
Any users of NI SG Strummed care to comment on it's use?
Maarkr
HW: Casio PX-5S, Roland FA-06 , Epi Les Paul, Ovation, Yamaha e-drums, Ibanez bass
SW: Intel i7-8700, Win 11-64 Pro, Studio One Pro, Waves, IK Multi, Izotope, NI

Hi,

I use session guitarist - strummed acoustic all the time in my tracks! I am wondering if anyone knows of any other kontakt instruments or even loop packs that allows playback of a pattern in all of the major/minor chords of the chromatic scale. I am mainly interest in a electric equivilent, however, more acoustic options would be nice as well. I am looking for live recorded loops, not MIDI playback that is based off of patterns.

What about Akkord from the Kontakt Factory Library? I don't know off hand. I just remembered the name.

Here's an old link on how to use it. It may or may not be relevant to K5.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... ord+guitar
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”