PEARL Concert Grand - A gorgeous Yamaha C7 for Kontakt Player. $79 Flash sale + v1.3 update!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pearl Concert Grand 48 Hour FLASH SALE

Now through November 5th end-of-day, you can get our widely acclaimed PEARL Concert Grand library for only $79! Pearl bundles have been discounted as well. This sale celebrates the release of PEARL Update v1.3, which is now available to all current users.

Pearl v1.3 Change Log
1. Much-improved CPU usage and optimization in all patches
2. Fixed bugs with note catch mode and 'sticky' notes
3. New advanced tab with under-the-hood performance features
4. Better soft pedal behavior (now customizable in Advanced tab)

Existing Pearl Users: Get the Update Here

Don't have PEARL? Shop here!

---

July 21, 2015: PEARL Updated to v1.2!

New user-requested features:
1. Soft pedal support (CC67)
2. Sostenuto pedal support (CC66)
3. Half-pedal support on CC64.
4. "Note catch" support, where if you hit a note, release, and quickly depress the damper pedal (CC64) the note will be caught and sustain out.

All users will be emailed about the update, but you can also get it by clicking here.

ORIGINAL ANNOUNCEMENT

We're very pleased to announce the release of PEARL Concert Grand for KONTAKT and KONTKAT PLAYER!

TRAILER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1mkEkgfNaU

WALKTHROUGH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eq_pnbqpsw

This lovely instrument features a beautifully-recorded Yamaha C7 with four microphone perspectives, each offering a unique and lush sound. The library is designed to be a joy to play, use, and edit - it's mixed to perfection and suitable for most any style of composition, from warm and emotional film scores to jazz, classical & romantic music and more.

Why make another piano library? Simply put - we fell in love with this piano & hall, and wanted to make a timeless, eminently playable instrument. Like many composers I have a ton of piano libraries, but now, I only reach for Pearl. It has the ideal 'touch' and creamy tone that inspires me every time I press a key. I could not be happier with how it came out!

Features
* 14,000+ samples in both 16 and 24 bit fidelity
* 8 dynamic layers
* 2 round robins
* Pedal on & off samples
* Chromatically sampled w/ key and pedal release noises
* Four mic positions: close, pedal, stage, hall
* Elegant yet powerful script:
* Per-channel routing, EQ, compression, width and volume
* Global analog modeled FX including 30+ custom impulse responses
* Custom velocity curve and (micro)tuning, plus master presets included

Demos
https://soundcloud.com/isworks/sets/pea ... rand-demos

Pricing & Availability
Pearl is available NOW for Kontakt & Kontakt Player (5.3+) at the no-brainer price of $119. Visit the link below for more information, tech requirements, video and more:

http://impactsoundworks.com/pearl-concert-grand/

The Reviews Are In...

Computer Music / Music Radar: "Pearl Concert Grand sounds lovely and plays well, holding its own against competing pianos costing considerably more. Well played, Impact Soundworks." (4.5/5)

Original Sound Version: "Even taking my high standards for realistic piano samples into account, I have to say that I’m thoroughly impressed by the Pearl Concert Grand. (...) Considering how accurate and realistic Pearl Concert Grand sounds, I think it is easily the next best thing to a studio recording. (...) Pick up a copy of Pearl Concert Grand and you’ll likely never need to buy another piano sample library."

The Audio Spotlight: "The first preset that is loaded up by default sounds very generally usable, meaning it doesn’t sound too thick, not too thin, not too muddy, not too bright, not too intimate, not too formal. Just very playable and instantly usable in many different contexts. (...) For me this piano library is a very welcomed addition because it makes my job easier when I don’t have to fool around with the EQ constantly anymore." (4.4/5)

Film and Game Composers: "The main marketing phrase is Pearl is true joy to play”, but trust me, it is not just marketing phrase, they are right! I was enjoying the simple act of playing it so much I almost forgot to test all of its features." (4.5/5)
Last edited by zircon on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Indeed lush, great demos!

Thank you for the kind words! If you're interested in seeing PEARL in action, here's a real-time walkthrough & tutorial showing the interface and all the different sounds you can get out of this beautiful instrument.

We've also got more demos in the original post's SoundCloud player to enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eq_pnbqpsw

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

My GOD! this pretty much the best piano I heard. wow! bravo....it would be great to make the same thing for a STEINWAY D. I actually use C7 GRAND by AcousticSamples for my live jazz gigs...but your piano has better and huge sounding.

Nor Eddine Bahha/Morocco

We've just updated PEARL to v1.2 today! Check the original post for more details. We added some requested features, supporting half-pedaling, soft pedal, and sostenuto. We also now have support for "note catch"... basically, if you hit a key and release very quickly and then hit the pedal, it will still sustain. This really helps when you're shifting notes/quantizing after a live performance.

We also got some fantastic reviews on PEARL from Computer Music, Audio Spotlight, Film and Game Composers, and Original Sound Version! Those are added to the original post too, but here are the excerpts:

Computer Music / Music Radar: "Pearl Concert Grand sounds lovely and plays well, holding its own against competing pianos costing considerably more. Well played, Impact Soundworks." (4.5/5)

Original Sound Version: "Even taking my high standards for realistic piano samples into account, I have to say that I’m thoroughly impressed by the Pearl Concert Grand. (...) Considering how accurate and realistic Pearl Concert Grand sounds, I think it is easily the next best thing to a studio recording. (...) Pick up a copy of Pearl Concert Grand and you’ll likely never need to buy another piano sample library."

The Audio Spotlight: "The first preset that is loaded up by default sounds very generally usable, meaning it doesn’t sound too thick, not too thin, not too muddy, not too bright, not too intimate, not too formal. Just very playable and instantly usable in many different contexts. (...) For me this piano library is a very welcomed addition because it makes my job easier when I don’t have to fool around with the EQ constantly anymore." (4.4/5)

Film and Game Composers: "The main marketing phrase is Pearl is true joy to play”, but trust me, it is not just marketing phrase, they are right! I was enjoying the simple act of playing it so much I almost forgot to test all of its features." (4.5/5)

Pearl Concert Grand 48 Hour FLASH SALE

Now through November 5th end-of-day, you can get our widely acclaimed PEARL Concert Grand library for only $79! Pearl bundles have been discounted as well. This sale celebrates the release of PEARL Update v1.3, which is now available to all current users.

Pearl v1.3 Change Log
1. Much-improved CPU usage and optimization in all patches
2. Fixed bugs with note catch mode and 'sticky' notes
3. New advanced tab with under-the-hood performance features
4. Better soft pedal behavior (now customizable in Advanced tab)

Existing Pearl Users: Get the Update Here

Don't have PEARL? Shop here!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”