'raise to an imaginary power' script for Funcshaper

Official support for: rs-met.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so like, basically you're doing x^2i or something, if slider a is 2. Slider b kind of acts like a wet/dry control, except it's reverse because it divides by b. I also have a version that uses tanh(), in that case slider c is overdrive, and is not the same has the built in drive slider. In fact, try to keep the volume below clipping and use c instead because a sample greater that 1 will make a full rotation/period or something? My motivation was that this function gets a complex number out of one input and a slider, which then you can mess with the magnitude and the phase separately. I had a version that mapped the x and y coordinates of a point on a circle of (slider) radius and then you could offset the circle for asymmetrical stuff but it's not as stable. For this one unfortunately I haven't worked out yet how to make it asymmetrical if you want seeing as the ln of a negative number is undefined. But it should be pretty much crackle-free as I said as long as you keep the samples below 1/-1 (which gets interpreted as 2pi/-2pi)

https://www.math.toronto.edu/mathnet/qu ... exexp.html if anybody understands this I'd love to try x to a complex power. It has something to do with mapping a point in one dimension/along a line to a point on a log spiral? But wikipedia didn't elaborate very much on it

by the way, it would be very cool if you could define functions within a funcshaper script in addition to variables
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=158673

if anybody likes the script I made a JS version that uses a graphic waveshaper to modify/make the exponent dynamic according to the original sound. Maybe somebody could explain this, the waveshape seems to always end up as a series of sines or curves at least no matter how crazy you get with the freeform waveshape?

Return to “rs-met”