Composer Cloud from EastWest

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jay Asher, Composer, Logic Pro Consultant and Certified Trainer
www.jayasher.com
jay@jayasher.com

Little by little
Piece by piece
Your life for rent
Just sign the lease...

If one was deep into composing this would be fantastic.. $360 USD per year to access all of the EastWest Romplers

Not sure if the $11,000 USD worth of products available in the cloud catalog is an accurate figure though. However, if it is, it would take someone 30 years to equal it in subscription fees at the 360/yr rate.

That said, it does say 'Special offer for EastWest customers for first year' so obviously the rate is going to increase.

The only issue I really have with the cloud services is the yearly contract. They all tout a monthly price but the terms are always restricted to year terms. If one could cancel at any time (and not owe the balance for the remaining months) it would be much more interesting to me.

Noticed that ilok dongle is not mandatory for this service. I wonder if they are going to do the same for Hollywood Diamond. I would love to just flat out purchase it if that's the case.

After one year it seems you loose the access to everything, right? This is different from cakewalk sonar plan, where after one year you maintain what you have paid for.

In any case it seems interesting. I could never afford sound west libraries... But they always seemed excellent to me.

Any existing customer would like to present me? ;-)

Ok so if one does sign up, does this mean we're locked in for a one year contract?
What if I sign up, start downloading n playing the instruments, n I'm not happy with it, do I have to continue to pay a full year?

Are you paying 360$ str8 away, or 29.99 a month? Not really clear on this
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Not at all, really... But it seems to me that if you stop paying, even after one month, you lose the samples.

I just read this at their site>

If you cancel before the end of your one year term, you will be billed 50% of your remaining contract obligation. If you need to cancel, just email sales@eastwestsounds.com.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

There's also a $29.99 activation fee they throw in at check out.So 60 bucks to start, they have alot of great sounding content, most of which I'd probably NOT use for my projects,but I've always wanted to own some of these libraries,or at least demo them.
I'm interested in the Ministry of rock stuff,but not much more.

Interested, but think I'll pass on this.I don't like the idea of renting without some how getting credit towards the purchase.I think a better idea would be to offer customers an option to rent to own, instead of just renting. Just my 2cts..
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

The email says the $29.99 offer is 40% off, so the full/normal/after one year price will be $49.99/month.

The FAQ on their site also says this, which is interesting:
Can I continue to purchase perpetual licenses for individual products?

Yes, with some exceptions our products will still be available for individual purchase.
And the email has this under Composer Cloud Brings You:
All future releases and members-only exclusive content, including the new ProDrummer Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 - released April 23.
It's very tempting just to have it to play with for a year.
-Matt

9 days from announcement to the end of the $30 deal: talk about pressure tactics! A guaranteed upgrade after a year to $50/month. A minimal subscription time of one year with a cancellation fee of half of the remaining time. And immediate termination of the license when the term expires. As EW says (paraphrasing): don't forget to render your projects, folks!

Time enough to get used to the idea, used to the libraries, and end up relying on them for your work. I can see this being very practical for anyone who can include this as part of their business expenses: studios, production companies, and commercially viable independent composers. IMO, it could have a larger reach if:

- A shorter term was allowed, like 3 months.
- Some measure of the subscription fees could be used in the future to acquire libraries.
- After one year, the subscription could be terminated at any time without penalties.
- A minimal set of libs would continue to be useable after the term expired.

The 50 products included in Composer Cloud are:
The Dark Side
Fab Four
Ghostwriter
Goliath
Gypsy
Hollywood Strings Gold
Hollywood Brass Gold
Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Gold
Hollywood Orchestral Percussion Gold
Ministry Of Rock 1
Ministry Of Rock 2
Silk
Symphonic Choirs Gold
Symphonic Orchestra Gold Strings
Symphonic Orchestra Gold Brass
Symphonic Orchestra Gold Woodwinds
Symphonic Orchestra Gold Percussion
Pianos Gold Bechstein D-280
Pianos Gold Bosendorfer 290
Pianos Gold Steinway D
Pianos Gold Yamaha C7
ProDrummer Spike Stent (April 23)
ProDrummer Joe Chiccarelli (April 23)
Ra
Solo Violin
Spaces (coming in May)
Stormdrum 2 Pro
Stormdrum 3
Voices of Passion
56’ Stratocaster
Adrenaline
BT Breakz
BT Twisted Textures
Drum n Bass
Electronica
Funky Ass Loops
Guitar & Bass
Hypnotica
Ill Jointz
Joey Kramer Drums
Percussion adventures 1
Percussion adventures 2
Phat & Phunky
Public Enemy
Scoring Tools
Smoov Grooves
Steve Stevens Guitar
Stormdrum 1 Loops
Stormdrum 1 MuItiSamples
Symphonic Adventures
www.jayasher.com
jay@jayasher.com

just to be sure:

my question:

If i subscribe to the basic annual plan (7 collection), I pay for 1 year, and then after 1 year I stop the subscription, what will happen? do I lose every sample/collection? will I have a discount to purchase one or more libraries in order to be able to use them "forever" without paying any subsequent fee?

their answer:
Nothing will happen to your compositions if you cancel. Anything composed during your membership with be yours to use as you choose forever. You simply won’t be able to access the instruments as before to create new compositions. We recommend rendering all instruments from your compositions to your digital audio workstation should you wish to cancel.

lol um i have a question. these libraries are HUGE if one was to download all 50 libraries. seriously east west??? how many gigs that is that and do you even have the reliable bandwidth. but, if, one were to download 1 library or all 50, let say i bought a new pc, and wanted to store these files off line on a insanely large hard drive. so when i bought a new pc i could just install them offline and then use challenge response to authorize them, could this be done? or does one need to download the libraries again?

The idea is that with the large libraries, you download them 1 at a time, preferably overnight.

And once you download the libraries onto a drive, then it is only a matter of where the license(s) is/are.
www.jayasher.com
jay@jayasher.com

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”