Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

A new version of Rapture Pro is here but this is a upgrade so it costs money ;)
http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Rapture

Looks like an updated hybrid of Rapture and Dimension, but can the upgrade be used from the CM cover disc version?

Full installation: 13GB :o

I think this was a VERY smart thing to do for Cakewalk. Merging Rapture and DimPro into an even greater monster of a synth.

I might upgrade, since i own both Rapture and DimPro. Having it all in one synth might be great. I wonder about patch compatibility with those older versions, though.

This is annoying and cause for happiness. It's annoying because:

a) they've let Rapture and Dimension Pro sit there unsupported on Mac OS since 10.7 (burying that fact on their site).
b) it apparently only supports AU and VST3, not VST2.4, so no VST goodness within Live, BWS, Kore...
c) it's actually not 'here' (for sale) yet

It's cause for happiness, because it looks like a huge improvement on the earlier Rapture and Dimension Pro, with lots of extra content as well, so worth the $$ to me. Sigh.

I wish it were a cheaper upgrade for those owning both Rapture and DimPro, though...

gnosis123 wrote:This is annoying and cause for happiness. It's annoying because:

a) they've let Rapture and Dimension Pro sit there unsupported on Mac OS since 10.7 (burying that fact on their site).
b) it apparently only supports AU and VST3, not VST2.4, so no VST goodness within Live, BWS, Kore...
c) it's actually not 'here' (for sale) yet

It's cause for happiness, because it looks like a huge improvement on the earlier Rapture and Dimension Pro, with lots of extra content as well, so worth the $$ to me. Sigh.
if you look carefully you see that vst2 is also supported. i'm looking forward to this but like ED i wish there would be a reduced upgrade price for owners of both rapture and dimension pro. btw, will it be compatible with the original rapture add on packs?

EvilDragon wrote:I might upgrade, since i own both Rapture and DimPro. Having it all in one synth might be great. I wonder about patch compatibility with those older versions, though.
From what they say, it looks like at least their own old content will work: "Rapture Pro comes fully stocked with over 10GB of new content and 4300+ total presets. Plus, you can use any existing expansion pack for Dimension or Rapture Classic."

Gosh wrote:if you look carefully you see that vst2 is also supported.
Where? Under system requirements and elsewhere, I see only VST3.

VST2 is supported on Windows, but not on OSX. Heheheh. :P

There's some good third party expansions for Rapture too, hopefully they will work.

EvilDragon wrote:I wish it were a cheaper upgrade for those owning both Rapture and DimPro, though...
Yes, was just thinking that.

What the differences with the modulations in the first Rapture? I see the same limitations in sources/destinations.

If they took the mod matrix from z3ta, that would be a killer synth. But I do have all their synths and I don't think it has a huge improvements in sound design. Anyway it is a nice idea to merge the two old synths in a better looking GUI.
Last edited by EnGee on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

So I own all three-rapture, zeta, and dimension pro. I still have to pay $100????

EvilDragon wrote:VST2 is supported on Windows, but not on OSX. Heheheh. :P
Yes, yes... The occasional mosquito bites of PC-owner schadenfreude are a nuisance all Mac owners must calmly endure... 8)

But seriously, why would they support VST2 on one platform and not the other? Completely separate code-bases would be silly - I would think the vast majority of the code would be machine-independent. Probably historical reasons or CW internal politics...

Return to “Instruments”