any good explanation/video of this red/blue automation

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i get crazy with this double automation concept - i´m looking for a good video or article which has focus on it.

harmoney wrote:i get crazy with this double automation concept - i´m looking for a good video or article which has focus on it.
I can do videos of it maybe :)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Oh please please, doit doit, thx thx!

with 1.17 i gets totally confused. and maybe someone has an explanation NOW for e.g. this:

I record an (vol) automation in arrange (blue), drag this clip into launch (vol gets red) and the now all vol-datas in arrange (i see) will never played. I delete the whole mix-automation but the mix-fader keeps red and no new automation can be written into arrange.
(even if do cmd+z back to open the song this red dot will be there and a new arrange-auto-record is not posssible).

IS this a bug or Is that really that confusing/complicated?

The red dot means the automation is played from the clip in absolute mode.
When you play a clip from the launcher nothing from the arrange will be played on this track.

The automation system is pretty powerful, make sure you read the manual on this topic.

harmoney wrote:i get crazy with this double automation concept - i´m looking for a good video or article which has focus on it.
Hello again, i made a video. but i like did not know what to go through, so i went through every aspect of automation, and thought this will be pain for others to se 30 minutes of tutorial just about automation.

So i actually deleted it. But i am avaible on Skype For screen/audio sharing my computer, to show in depth where you can ask questions insteed.
If this sounds cool.
Add my skype,
it is edm-production

Just send me a message that its you :)
No cam or mic needed. Just skype on your computer! :)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

thx, but i have only a stick with very slow band:-(

In the meantime i learned a little bit by try/error/rtfm.

I guess what i mean is, that this restore automation button near the bar-counter dosnt work anymore. normaly i put this and i was able to rewrite new auto-datas, now one time a red dot, allways a red dot.
can anybody confirm this?

(BW 1.17, OSX 10.8.5)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7_c8XHCukw

23.minute something???
Dont know if this will answer your question.,
Check his channel. He almost covers everything

thx, but thats not what i mean, i guess its a bug:

In 1.0 there was a green dot when clip-auto was in arrangement (and the line was really-light-blue instead of halflight-blue) and with this restore automation button left the bar-count u could set it back to arrangement.

Now the line gets also really light blue, but the dot gets red. And this restore auto button dosnt work anymore. So the red dot (and light blue line) is keeping and keeping, even if i delete the whole automation for this parameter. I can record or draw new automation into arrange but they will not played. Only new automation from clips will record AND played.

OK, guys - i found the "bug" (was me)!
I have to (de)activate this grey-strip box (back to arrange?) in the launcher! Its not enough to "play" an empty scene, the launcher has complitly deactivated by this button!

Return to “Bitwig”