Nave vs. Serum

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yes had to come sorry :P!!!

i own serum about a month now and i really love it! also no elicenser required ;D.

just testing Nave and going through the presets, checking out the controls, the GUI, how to edit the WAVE and so on. i have to say that there are a wide range of presets for different genres, something i miss in Serum, the atmospheric, spacy or scifi sounds. but yeah you cannot judge only with presets ;).

i will try to init now and compare the sound, the presets are mostly sounding colder designed.

the GUI is not really invitating for me. a big plus for Serum, it is so easy to use and (normally) easy to understand). Nave needs defeinitely more time, but i hope devs learn from Serum and use the advantages of pc control.... doesnt have to look everything like hardware.....

ok onto more testing. what are your opinions?

oh somehow Nave is clicking all the time for me, like some buffer problem but normally shouldnt be as i dont have this prob with others vsts.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:yes had to come sorry :P!!!

i own serum about a month now and i really love it! also no elicenser required ;D.

just testing Nave and going through the presets, checking out the controls, the GUI, how to edit the WAVE and so on. i have to say that there are a wide range of presets for different genres, something i miss in Serum, the atmospheric, spacy or scifi sounds. but yeah you cannot judge only with presets ;).

i will try to init now and compare the sound, the presets are mostly sounding colder designed.

the GUI is not really invitating for me. a big plus for Serum, it is so easy to use and (normally) easy to understand). Nave needs defeinitely more time, but i hope devs learn from Serum and use the advantages of pc control.... doesnt have to look everything like hardware.....

ok onto more testing. what are your opinions?

oh somehow Nave is clicking all the time for me, like some buffer problem but normally shouldnt be as i dont have this prob with others vsts.
It was a great experience to make presets for Waldorf Nave for me. Nave is easy to work with, sounds good, and have a sound and character of its own : what's more to expect for a good synthesizer ?
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

ouch something i really dont understand why devs still do it is presetlist with arrows which you have to click each time..... minor for some but just 10 years or more... so far i like the sound but the handling is fiddly.

DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yep, that scrolling was already something i felt was worth to criticize on Largo.

I don't have this! I have nice browser when I click the preset name! Both in S1 and Reaper.

It's the wavetable browser, not the presets. :)

Caine123 wrote:ouch something i really dont understand why devs still do it is presetlist with arrows which you have to click each time..... minor for some but just 10 years or more... so far i like the sound but the handling is fiddly.

Use the browser then.

Hm, i'm confused now myself.... that is the wavetable menu, isn't it?

What is the wavetable menu? (I can't see the image), I thought he was asking about presets? You can navigate using the arrows or the browser.

The picture shows the drop down menu with the wavetables to choose from. Surely not the preset browser.

Honestly, how is Nave? I know its a new synth and whenever a big new synth comes it, it's always 'good', but then drops off the forum for years afterward. Scale of 1 to 10?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

chk071 wrote:Hm, i'm confused now myself.... that is the wavetable menu, isn't it?
yes, the presetbrowser is different looking, i named it wrong on the pic. the wavetablewindow sucks.

Tjgoa wrote:Honestly, how is Nave? I know its a new synth and whenever a big new synth comes it, it's always 'good', but then drops off the forum for years afterward. Scale of 1 to 10?
I guess it pretty much depends on whether you like wavetable synthesis or not. Largo has a great VA section too, you won't get that with Nave. But Nave has extended controls for the wavetables, and editing of the wavetables, which is great. So, if you'd look into it for the wavetable stuff, i would say it's great. It's also nice for speech synthesis, as it has a dedicated function for that. :)

Caine123 wrote:the wavetablewindow sucks.
Yep, it is a bit tedious. I have suggested to Rolf to implement a dropdown with columns instead:

It's highly likely that this will happen in an update.

Good stuff.

Return to “Instruments”