Volume Pedal

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can someone help out. I'm having a problem my getting my expression/volume pedal to control the volume of my VB3 or any other of my VST plugins loaded on my Receptor VIP. I went into my setting and tried to set it up with midi learn, which works fine when I assigned the volume control to a knob on my keyboard, but it just won't work on my pedal.

I don't think there's anyway other than midi to connect an expression controller. You could connect it to your controller and then pass that on via midi. Again I could be wrong, but I always just connect my expression and sustain pedals to the controller.
There was a company that used to sell a nice simple midi volume, can't remember who it was, wasn't cheap either if I recall.
Good luck.
Dirk

Thanks Dirk. I did just that. I went into the "Midi Mixer Control" section to set up my expression pedal to control the volume and It didn't work for me. I can see when I press down (toggle) on my pedal that my Receptor is reading the action, but nothing happens. The Receptorland or Music Research YouTube videos don't cover this topic. The manual doesn't talk about it either.

By "toggle" do you mean on/off? For a volume function you would need a variable CC, such as the pedal sending CC number 11 with a value that changes between 01-127. What is the keyboard you are using, and how do you have the pedal connected? If you open the midi window for the particular VST that you are trying to control, there is the option to see all of the midi information being received by that particular channel. What generally works best for me is to set up expression control within the VST, such as mapping CC11 (or whatever your expression pedal is sending) to volume in the modulation section of kontakt for the particular patch that I am controlling. Doing this allows very specific control of the parameters of each specific patch.

Thanks for replying.

I'm sorry, the word used is not "toggle", instead "wiggle". Got a little mixed up there. I'm using the Studiologic VMK 161 controller. My pedal is connected to the back of one of three pedal inputs. I tried to set it up from the Receptor's Midi mixer as well as the VB3 vst interface but it didn't work. I'm a little confused about which CC to use. I want to control the volume of my VB3 vst with my pedal so I'm assuming that I should be using CC07 to control the volume. Here's where I get confused, CC11 is used for an expression pedal which i'm using to control the volume or I should say trying. I gonna to try again tonight.

Here is a thread about how Kontakt uses cc7 and cc11: http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... 11.166051/

nathankingcole wrote:Here is a thread about how Kontakt uses cc7 and cc11: http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... 11.166051/
Thanks for the info. I was out of town for a few days. I'm going to check it out.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”