Any update on audio-in for Diva filters?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been mostly away from these forums for a good bit. Has there been any progress or info about FX inserts of the Diva filters? Would f**king love for that to be added.

We still think that proper VST3 support is important as e.g. Cubase doesn't support audio in on VST2 instruments.

Once Hive is out, proper VST3 support is one of our next big projects.

Urs wrote:We still think that proper VST3 support is important as e.g. Cubase doesn't support audio in on VST2 instruments.

Fantastic news. VST3 back in swing + Audio in for the filters, very welcome news.

Urs wrote:We still think that proper VST3 support is important as e.g. Cubase doesn't support audio in on VST2 instruments.

Wonderful, Urs. I love it! :)

Urs but neither Reaper nor Ableton doesn't support VST3...
Murderous duck!

Reaper will. ;)

EvilDragon wrote:Reaper will. ;)
But when?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Reaper will. ;)
But when?
Now in the latest betas.

david.beholder wrote:

Both Reaper and Ableton do Audio Input for VST2 instruments just fine. It's Cubase that's the culprit for which we need VST3 support.

Urs wrote:
david.beholder wrote:

Both Reaper and Ableton do Audio Input for VST2 instruments just fine. It's Cubase that's the culprit for which we need VST3 support.
Sure, but your initial sentence more looked like there would be (scary sound :o) only vst3 and no vst2 with inputs.
Murderous duck!

There's an added incentive for VST3 for sidechaining in Presswerk too. As I take it Cubase is a pain to set up sidechaining in for VST2 plugins.

Urs, do you know if you'd also put audio in support for Hive someday?

david.beholder wrote: Sure, but your initial sentence more looked like there would be (scary sound :o) only vst3 and no vst2 with inputs.
Nah, the problem is that we can't advertise it as a feature if it doesn't work in Cubase.

And as was pointed out, even advertising something that somehow works with a workaround in Cubase still causes too much confusion. Which indeed is a double incentive to support VST3.

Urs wrote: Nah, the problem is that we can't advertise it as a feature if it doesn't work in Cubase.

And as was pointed out, even advertising something that somehow works with a workaround in Cubase still causes too much confusion. Which indeed is a double incentive to support VST3.
Ah, i see.

Btw, would there be any new filters / oscs and upgrades for old filters/oscs (osc mixer for other than moog osc, fm for 2dco, etc)?

p.s. have you seen softube drum macine?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
Urs wrote: Nah, the problem is that we can't advertise it as a feature if it doesn't work in Cubase.

Ah, i see.

Btw, would there be any new filters / oscs and upgrades for old filters/oscs (osc mixer for other than moog osc, fm for 2dco, etc)?
We'll work on additions but atm we're all Presswerk and Hive. And then VST3. And then move offices, deploy new project management & support system, rework website. Once that's done we'll set out to plan upcoming development projects.
p.s. have you seen softube drum macine?
Yes, but I didn't get to get my hands on it during Musikmesse.

Personally I would love tosee the Hive modulation matrix on diva first and Filterscape updated with diva filters.
dedication to flying

Return to “u-he”