WIPS Iowa Orchestra Tuned for K5, new violin attempt

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK I've been messing with tuning the Iowa instruments, then got the idea of trying to add the WIPS scripts. So if things go well (aka I don't mess up), we should have some free orchestra instruments tuned to 440 with Legato and Vibrato, smooth velocity layers, fake round robins and they can be played with keyboard or breath controller. So far I've got nine instruments.

I've also been trying to edit the 2012 Violin from the U of Iowa and have a little demo. See what you think. Sometimes I think it might be better as a fiddle than a violin. It's been a while since I edited samples, not sure how its going...

http://bigcatinstruments.blogspot.com/2 ... tuned.html

Could someones please try these to see if they work correctly?
Last edited by bigcat1969 on Mon May 04, 2015 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

tried the bass flute. works very well, a bass flute with character. excellent work! :tu:

Thanks for trying it. Did Legato work OK? That's my biggest worry.

bigcat1969 wrote:Thanks for trying it. Did Legato work OK? That's my biggest worry.
yep, did work. and the Instrument sounds really vivid. well put together, in that form These samples live!

Thanks TrekStar. Those WIPs scripts from Big Bob are really amazing. I tried SIPs and it hurt my brain, then I found WIPs and even I could figure it out.

Thanks for the instruments. I tried them all tonight with my Akai EWI 4000s wind controller and they sounde dquite nice once a little reverb was added to them. They respond quite well to subtle breath control via CC2 as well. Good job. However, I could not work out how to set them up so that I could crescendo a note after I had initially set its note on velocity (complicated way of saying that I could not make a note louder after the first puff!) Is there a way to do this? If so- it would make their playing even more realistic. Thanks for the work you put into them.
Always learning....

Thanks for giving them a try Slavedave. And thanks for explaining that so I could understand it. Unfortunately I don't know of any way to make that happen. Anyone else have any ideas?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”