Are ghost/instance clips in yet, or officially due in the near future ?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just asking as it's the one feature holding me back from buying.

koalaboy wrote:Just asking as it's the one feature holding me back from buying.
what do you mean with ghost/instance clips? what daw are your main atm?
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

They've been in, if you are talking about how FL ghost notes work, imagine that but even better.

Ghost/Instance clips:

You make a clip and put it on the arrangement view (not in a clip slot, or whatever).

You duplicate/instance it and put copies all over the place.

You then modify the original, and all other instances update because they're the same thing.

Basically, the way many DAWs work, but that Ableton was never capable of grasping.

koalaboy wrote:Ghost/Instance clips:

You make a clip and put it on the arrangement view (not in a clip slot, or whatever).

You then modify the original, and all other instances update because they're the same thing.

Basically, the way many DAWs work, but that Ableton was never capable of grasping.
Clip symbols. :)
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

Like the clips are linked? A change in one changes the others cause they are linked? Sounds awesome :tu: feature request it, sure it allready is but a second voice might be handy :D
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard

ronnyrydgren wrote:

Like the clips are linked? A change in one changes the others cause they are linked? Sounds awesome :tu: feature request it, sure it allready is but a second voice might be handy :D
As far as I'm aware, it was requested from day one (maybe even earlier), hence my question.

I guess I'll keep waiting :?

Please NO!
(isnt that a Fl-studio behaviour? )

Sorry -1 for me.

You can loop midi clips, and when you want to edit a sample, for instance a kick, use a sampler i would think.
I think thats the beauty of the "lonely" clips that you can edit as you want. Without to concern to f*ck up a sample.

BUT??
If "linked" clips would be a OPTION? Im in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6p5ODYbsY

it can create connection between the launcher and arrangement clips too, but works only with MIDI notes
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6p5ODYbsY
Aaaaaand?! Another nice find of xbitz!!!
Something like that! :tu: :clap:
But please not as default,... :pray: :pray:

codec17 wrote:Please NO!
(isnt that a Fl-studio behaviour? )

Sorry -1 for me.

You can loop midi clips, and when you want to edit a sample, for instance a kick, use a sampler i would think.
I think thats the beauty of the "lonely" clips that you can edit as you want. Without to concern to f*ck up a sample.

BUT??
If "linked" clips would be a OPTION? Im in!
yeah that is how i would also have it to choose if its linked insteed of doing like fl studio that has it in the reverse that you need to make everything unique ahha one of reasons i left it XD
Last edited by takaii on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

and don't forget the multi-clip editing possibilities of BWS, it can be used on the multiple instances of the same clip ...

xbitz wrote:and don't forget the multi-clip editing possibilities of BWS, it can be used on the multiple instances of the same clip ...

I love learning something new and i did not know this!! This is defently a working workaround for me! Thanks alot Xbitz!

;) yepp it's super useful in the launcher area when u want to try out different drum or bass variations quickly across all the scene together with the other parts

xbitz wrote:;) yepp it's super useful in the launcher area when u want to try out different drum or bass variations quickly across all the scene together with the other parts
i tried it learned it, but the booring part is to make new midi notes, its easy to change a midi that is same on both, but if it where to be put in a new note you need to make a new on both ive noticed, really annoying that way...
this seems like option to link clip would be even more useful though but cool since i did not know what you showed

Return to “Bitwig”