AGP 2 Manual and Moving Extension to External Drive

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to locate a manual for AGP II. It seems that features have not only been added but, some removed- such as changing strum time via the C#5 key and chord mode via D5 key. No clue where these have gone or why or how you now manipulate these automatically.

Also, I have all of my virtual instrument samples installed on an external disk. The AGP Neck Extension forces you to install on OS X disk. However, after installation, I cannot locate the library in order to move to the external disk. Where are they located?

Thanks...

Hi,

As you said, the library update installer cannot let you choose destination.
Because it will read your current instrument path setting from a file and use that path to install the extension library.

So, if the external drive is absent during the extension library installation, the installer will report error. If it is installed correctly (the green tick shows), it should have already been installed to your current instrument directory.

Thanks.

shaoduo

Hi, if check section 5.8 of the manual, you will see the tips for C#5 and D5.

shaoduo[Ample Sound] wrote:Hi,

As you said, the library update installer cannot let you choose destination.
Because it will read your current instrument path setting from a file and use that path to install the extension library.

So, if the external drive is absent during the extension library installation, the installer will report error. If it is installed correctly (the green tick shows), it should have already been installed to your current instrument directory.
To clarify: are you saying that- even though the installer only allows you to choose the OS X disk- the samples were actually installed to the external drive?
Jie Chen[Ample Sound] wrote:Hi, if check section 5.8 of the manual, you will see the tips for C#5 and D5.
I would love to check the manual, but as I said- I cannot locate it. Also, C#5 and D5 no longer function in AGP II. That is the point of my post. As you can see from the two pics below- placing the cursor over D5 in AGP displays the pop-out for Chord Mode Switch (Strum / Detect). Hovering above the same key in AGP II- there is no prompt. Nothing. Why? And, where is that explained? How do I then switch those parameters automatically?

Thank you...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The tooltips will show up when you're in strum mode. We separated tooltips for solo mode and strum mode to avoid confusion.

Jie Chen[Ample Sound] wrote:The tooltips will show up when you're in strum mode. We separated tooltips for solo mode and strum mode to avoid confusion.
Thanks for your reply and please be patient because I think something is being lost in translation. Please verify:
when using AGP II, am I still able to change the strum time automatically? Thank you...

Yes you can. In strum mode please press C#5 to control strum time. Higher the velocity, shorter the time.

I see now- I accidentally toggled off strum mode- thanks...

Return to “Ample Sound”