Looking for beta testers for our new mastering suite

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys,

I’m looking for help beta-testing our 7-step mastering suite… (The beta is of course free, but PC only for now)

Together with a small team of freelancers I have been developing a user-friendly mastering suite for home studio users. (Go to http://www.noiz-lab.com for more info and an introductional video). Based on my own real-world experience as a home studio producer and mastering engineer, we came up with a basic mastering workflow consisting of 7 easy step, using 7 plug-ins. This workflow – which comes in the form of 20 page easy-to-read quickstart manual - is meant to shorten the learning curve for mastering dramatically, and to bring consistency to your mastering chain by providing you with 7 plug-ins with matching visuals and functionality. Our end-goal is to bring you a mastering suite/workflow of the highest quality, as well as a website that is dedicated to help you develop your mastering skills in any way we can think of.

To make this all a reality, we are very interested in the opinion of people creating music in their home studio. On our website you can download a fully working beta-version of our plug-in suite with quickstart manual (PC only for now). Here’s a direct link: http://www.noiz-lab.com/try-it-now. It would be a great help to us if you can give our 7-step mastering suite a try and provide us with feedback… We will try to incorporate any good ideas you might have in the final stage of the development of our suite!

On a final technical note: At the moment we are busy optimizing our plug-in code in Iplug so we can do a proper cross platform and multi-format release at the end of this year (VST2 and VST3 for PC, and AU and AAX for MAC, 32bit and 64bit). Our beta, however, was created in Synthedit to speed up our initial development. Because of this we are foremost looking for feedback about the sound and general usefulness of the ‘7-step method’ as a whole, as opposed to technical details related to, for example, the responsiveness of the gui or the CPU and RAM usage. We have already noticed a huge improvement in a lot of technical features since we’ve rebuild the plug-ins in Iplug. So I guess our main question is: what do you think of our 7-step mastering suite/workflow, and is there anything you would change?

If you have any feedback, suggestions or questions, don’t hesitate to contact me at JD@noiz-lab.com.

Thanks for your help!

JD
Author of Home Studio Mastering: a straightforward guide for musicians with a home studio who want to do their own mastering. Got to www.homestudiomastering.com for more info.

Never saw this hint. :hyper:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

well jochem, seems we need to do 4 more posts first XD
As a human I say: nobis vivendum est!
As a musician I say: nobis musicum essendum est!
As a friend I say: nobis birram bibendum est!

SirSickSik

this is the right one people...

http://www.noiz-lab.com/
As a human I say: nobis vivendum est!
As a musician I say: nobis musicum essendum est!
As a friend I say: nobis birram bibendum est!

SirSickSik

Hi Guys,

I want to say thanks to all beta-testers for your awesome feedback! We've got a lot of reactions, and you really helped us resolve certain specific issues and provided us with a lot of interesting and cool new ideas. We’ve made a lot of progress the past month because of that, and we are getting closer to the official release of the 7-step suite. I’ll try to keep you posted as much as I can on our website and facebook :)

Thanks for your help!

JD
Author of Home Studio Mastering: a straightforward guide for musicians with a home studio who want to do their own mastering. Got to www.homestudiomastering.com for more info.

Return to “Effects”