Omnisphere 2 Authorization Problems!!!! Spectrasonics UPDATE your product!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1

yes another omni2 topic cause this is a direct call as i got a few pms of members who read my authorization problems and i sent the instructions from spectrasonics to them. spectrasonics told me that there is nothing wrong with the installer blablabla

THIS IS WRONG! at least fro (some) windows 7? user.

Even Image Line told me that

First, I would check with Spectrasonics to find out if it's really necessary to run the plugin as admin for it to be registered. That doesn't seem right.

and i already told spectrasonics before that the STEAM shortcut is falsely created (it seems when you have the STEAM folder NOT on c:ProgramData\spectrasonics !) + the steam folder will be set to non-writable it seems with not full rights. and i still get problems that i HAVE TO RUN my DAW as admin to get omnisphere 2 working.

please contact spectrasonics so they see im not the only one having issues. if you have to reinstall omnisphere 2 later the installer SHOULD WORK flawlessly WITHOUT these ADMINRIGHTS!!!!

i never even ILOK nor ELICENSER VSTs had problems with adminrights etc.... this is nuts.
Last edited by Caine123 on Tue May 26, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I use Win 7 x64 and didn't need to set admin rights either for the installer, or when registering, or when running my DAW.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you.
Hope you get it sorted out though.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:I use Win 7 x64 and didn't need to set admin rights either for the installer, or when registering, or when running my DAW.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you.
Hope you get it sorted out though.
thats good to know though as spectrasonics spreads this info (HAVING TO USE adminrights) to all who have probs installing it. and some ppl as noted have the same probs as me :(.
i will forward this info to spectrasonics asap!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Again, I have none of these issues - W7 Pro 64 bit, STEAM on a different drive. I've read a lot of threads now from people who have had install issues and now have them resolved, so its case of figuring out what is different about your setup.

I am the only user of the PC so I am the administrator, maybe this makes a difference. What are your general user rights in the computer? This could be the reason why Spectrasonics give the advice about needing to run as Administrator (?) Or maybe it might affect Home users? Dunno...

Also your post is a little confusing - you speak about the installer needing admin rights, but then imply you need to have special admin rights just for running the basic plugin every time (?) Which is it?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

My auth. problem is a bit strange.

I bought V1 in Jan in order to get the free upgrade ....

I reg the serial number in their site and get the installer to install 1.58d + the library from DVDs.... And I expect to see the challenge code screen thing but didn't see any. But I could use v1.58d without a single problem. Seems like it is automatically auth ?!? Point is if I can't get the challenge code, how can I upgrade to v2 :(

Sent the email to the support and he said run my DAW as admin ... Will try tonight but I don't expect it will solve my problem.

EDITED: I am the only one using the notebook and I am already in admin role .....

No. Im the only user on my pc. No extra settings etc. As i said this is the first time where a program doesnt work without being installed as admin. I never had to do it before and my setup is 3 years old and i installed aaaaaa lot. And i wouldnt have opened this topic if i wouldnt have read and received some pms with people havin the same probs.

Have win7 home 64bit

I use Win 7 PRO not home... and I just noticed so does Guy... and it works for both of us...
So maybe it is something to do with Windows Home perhaps?

Also, you could try using another host... like minihost... to check whether it is a specific problem with your DAW.
Last edited by Ben H on Tue May 05, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Caine123 wrote:No. Im the only user on my pc. No extra settings etc. As i said this is the first time where a program doesnt work without being installed as admin. I never had to do it before and my setup is 3 years old and i installed aaaaaa lot. And i wouldnt have opened this topic if i wouldnt have read and received some pms with people havin the same probs.

Have win7 home 64bit
Perhaps it IS a limitation with W7 Home then, that some installers need different privileges. I remember I used to encounter this from time to time on an old XP Home computer. I can't remember the precise differences now, but I know there was some under the hood stuff to do with privileges.

I'd be pragmatic. So other installers have been ok on Home and this needs to run in Administrator mode - if that's the only issue and its fine when installed, I don't see the problem (unless I'm still confused about you needing to run it in Administrator mode for day to day use).

EDIT - just installed Omni 2 on another W7 Pro machine (laptop). Went without a hitch first time again.
Last edited by noiseboyuk on Tue May 05, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:Again, I have none of these issues - W7 Pro 64 bit, STEAM on a different drive. I've read a lot of threads now from people who have had install issues and now have them resolved, so its case of figuring out what is different about your setup.
Like you, I've had no problems upgrading to Omnisphere 2. I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro, my Steam folder is on a separate disk and I ran each installer as Administrator. I installed and authorised without a hitch.

A little bit of Help her for people that have problems, like i had. After upgrading to Omni v.2 i started my DAW ( Cubase 8 ), instanced the Omnisphere 2 vst plugin and it came up with setting up the right STEAM folder. i hit ok, closed the DAW. Next i opened the Prompt (cmd) tool from win with right click with admin rights. in the promt i got to the '' C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics '' folder, deleted the STEAM.lnk file with this syntax: ' del STEAM.lnk ' . At last i got to my STEAM folder '' G:\Spectrasonics\STEAM '' and created a Shortcut file for the STEAM folder ( ->> G:\Spectrasonics\STEAM ) and copied it into this folder -> '' C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics '' . It worked perfectly and could auth it and diagnostics showed all files, and all updated to the latest version. end

maniacoli wrote:A little bit of Help her for people that have problems, like i had. After upgrading to Omni v.2 i started my DAW ( Cubase 8 ), instanced the Omnisphere 2 vst plugin and it came up with setting up the right STEAM folder. i hit ok, closed the DAW. Next i opened the Prompt (cmd) tool from win with right click with admin rights. in the promt i got to the '' C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics '' folder, deleted the STEAM.lnk file with this syntax: ' del STEAM.lnk ' . At last i got to my STEAM folder '' G:\Spectrasonics\STEAM '' and created a Shortcut file for the STEAM folder ( ->> G:\Spectrasonics\STEAM ) and copied it into this folder -> '' C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics '' . It worked perfectly and could auth it and diagnostics showed all files, and all updated to the latest version. end
yeah i had this written in the normal thread as a manual :P ;).
but this doesnt resolve that spectrasonics says YOU HAVE TO INSTALL AS ADMIN and even after that i HAVE TO open my daw always as admin to use omni2, otherwise it shows me to authorize my copy with a strange symbol....
and some dont even have to install as admin etc. so when 100 progs work flawlessly and only this one bugs out something cannot be right.

PLEASE EVERYONE with issues and also the WRONG created STEAM folder (it cannot be right to use CMD to delete a file... for real!) contact spectrasonics, they just dont believe me that their installer and authorization is bugged!

Have you tried using another HOST or DAW as I suggested?

That way if it works correctly, then we know it is a bug with the DAW you are using.
If it still does not work properly, then we know it is something else specific to YOUR system.

Ben H wrote:Have you tried using another HOST or DAW as I suggested?

That way if it works correctly, then we know it is a bug with the DAW you are using.
If it still does not work properly, then we know it is something else specific to YOUR system.
will do when im back later today :).

still 2 issues DAW-unrelated: installing as admin (like spectra suggests...) and creating wron STEAM shortcut.

nvm.

fyi: The Problem seems to be solved, I have had a support Email about it. Had something to do with the installer not being prepared for certain non-English versions of Windows, which caused a certain mess with file permissions and Windows UAC. As the problem is language-related, the vast majority of users doesn´t have it. Will try it tonight.

Return to “Instruments”