Is it possible that bitwig plug-ins windows won't stay on top of other applications in the future?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a little thing that still really annoys me about using Bitiwg. You can work around it by going into full screen mode (OSX), however I usually forget to do that or don't want to or because I want to use the finder with bitwig or something.

I just find I constantly have to close a plug-in window that I otherwise wouldn't have, just to see another application for a second.

Sent a mail about this to support a while ago, got this response:
...is a result of the plugin sandboxing.
We hope to find a way to get around this, but basically they run like standalone applications and are no child windows of Bitwig Studio.

Cheers,
Dom

The whole VST-windowing is one of this really rare things i dislike in BW.
They should make screensets which includes the vst-settings and with a intelligent osx-app-switcher it would be possible, that before the app switches, BW gets the order "go to screenset#1" (or which ever u use without any open vst) and the whole problem is history.
And btw with only one key-press i see exactly these vst-windows i have defined for the other sets.

Ogopogo wrote:Sent a mail about this to support a while ago, got this response:
...is a result of the plugin sandboxing.
We hope to find a way to get around this, but basically they run like standalone applications and are no child windows of Bitwig Studio.

Cheers,
Dom
Good to know they're thinking about it.

Return to “Bitwig”