Looping in Bitwig, some thoughts

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First english is not my first langage so i hope what im gonna say makes sens :D

In the arrange view you cannot zoom vertically so i use the edit mode when i want to set loop point in a audio file.

It would be great to have the option to set the playback cursor using a short key instead of always clicking in the Transport bar. Its annoying and not very precise imo. In Logic pro for example you can do that pressing command key + mouse click. So when making a selection using the Time Selection Tool when you want to adjust the loop point it alway start from the beginning of the selection. Hope that make sens.

Also i think when setting loop region with the command + L the playback cursor should automatically be set to the beginning of the start loop point.

Other thing, if i loop a region using the the Time Selection Tool + [command + L] i can always adjust the selection to make correction but if the selection is lost (example when i change track) there is no way to adjust the loop point in edit mode. I have to make a selection again + [command + L] or i have to ajdust the loop point in arrange mode, again not very precise.
It would be great to have the possibility to adjust the loop marker in edit view.

What do you think ?

Sure you can zoom vertically in the arranger:

Hold down the mouswheel and move up/down.
Last edited by llze on Tue May 26, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry i meant zooming the other way.

^The other vertically, as in making tracks bigger vertically.

Oh, i just mixed up the two ways lol, sure you cannot zoom vertically. :dog:
sry

I believe it's a necessary feature to be able to zoom in/out vertically just as easy as it is to do so horizontally. Every time I use Cubase or Studio One I realize just how important and useful this feature is. Really, really hoping that it'll be implemented in the upcoming versions.

When I first used Bitwig, I wondered why zooming vertically was missing

But now I feel like the "switch between single of double row track height" button is really all i need.

I made the request as well as many others, they know about the issue and there is talk about fixing this.

Are there quick keys to switch between the different cursor modes in the transport bar? I hate having to go up there and click on the little buttons when I realise I'm in the wrong cursor mode.

The numbers 1-5 are the hotkeys for the tools. If you leave the button down while you are using it, it snaps back to the previous tool. Really fast that way.
I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time.

To set the playback position directly in the Arranger, use the Object Selection Tool (press 1 on computer keyboard).
Then press the 'Alt'-key (on Windows - don't know for Mac) and click somewhere in the Arranger.
(Note: the playback cursor is set when releasing the mouse button!

!!! The 'Alt'-key ist also used for selection of clips when hovering over a clip with the cursor via Alt+Drag! So setting the playback cursor works with 'Alt' only if you don't drag (but click) while pressing the left mouse button!

Cedworth wrote:The numbers 1-5 are the hotkeys for the tools. If you leave the button down while you are using it, it snaps back to the previous tool. Really fast that way.
thanks! that is a great tip!

Tbh i don´t miss vertical zooming in the arranger. The detail view is where it´s at and it can be fullscreen.
Zooming in logic was nice and all but it was still a matter of switching whereas in Bitwig i can have both at the same time.

Though i guess it can be quite annoying for certain uses.

I'm waiting four vertically zooming and group tracks :(
And maybe EQ with spectra analizator.. :D
Mac OSX, Bitwig Studio, Spire, Massive

I like the track heights of Reaper: full, half and almost completely hidden. The last one is very useful for grouped tracks.

Return to “Bitwig”