When do you see komplete 11 coming out?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't know if anybody noticed but NI have been quiet. No reaktor ensembles, two kontakt libaries, some maschine expansions. So they are working on maschine 2.3 updates and the kontrol keyboards. When do you think komplete 11 comes out? Just speculation of course. I was thinking of all the stuff I have and what needs to be upgraded in the near future.

May be they are busy with their hardware stuff.

cowby wrote:May be they are busy with their hardware stuff.
Seems like that is their main focus these days. Correct me if I am wrong but the last major software release (besides Komplete Kontrol if you count that) from them was Battery 4 with Komplete 9?
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

beatmangler443 wrote:When do you think komplete 11 comes out?
Probably sometime in the future, I'm guessing. :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Didn0t komplete 10 came out last year?
dedication to flying

sometime before komplete 12 :party:
Last edited by layzer on Mon May 18, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I think the more interesting question is what products do you think komplete 11 will include.

Since the initial Komplete release in 2003, there have only been two years when a new Komplete wasn't released (2008 and 2012). Also, Komplete bundles are almost always released in September or October. The only exceptions so far have been Komplete 2 (June 2004) and Komplete 9 (March 2013).

So, judging purely on history, so far there's an 80% chance we'll see a new Komplete in Sept/Oct of this year.

patchhunter wrote:I think the more interesting question is what products do you think komplete 11 will include.
stuff people will complain about because they think it should have been something else.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

patiently awaiting summer of sound sale so I can finally upgrade to ultimate :-) 10 will be more than fine!

Probably after the summer sales, as usual. September/october imo.

to be honest... i started with Komplete 1 and now on Komplete Utlimate 10... and still have not gone to all the material in Komplete... for me... instead of looking forward to "more"... i rather learn what i have already... there are 17,000 sounds/patches in KU10... i am not sure if i have went thru 5000... plus i own other Kontakt Powered Libraries...

Next year is more likely than this year. Seems like NI went to 1.5 year cycle for Komplete.

Looks like the Summer of Sound Sale is here. Upgrades to Komplete 10 are half price.
I have Reaktor 5, got it for $99 last year, and now I can upgrade to Komplete 10 for $199!
Even if they do release Komplete 11 in October, that'll be a $99 upgrade, hopefully, and I won't have to do it right away.
Not too bad for a $99 investment...

UltimateOutsider wrote:
Since the initial Komplete release in 2003, there have only been two years when a new Komplete wasn't released (2008 and 2012). Also, Komplete bundles are almost always released in September or October. The only exceptions so far have been Komplete 2 (June 2004) and Komplete 9 (March 2013).

So, judging purely on history, so far there's an 80% chance we'll see a new Komplete in Sept/Oct of this year.
It also depends on much content they have been releasing since the last Komplete. While they do often release several new products (synths or upgrades to existing things usually) at the same time as a new Komplete, there is usually a fair amount of additional sample content that gets released in between new Komplete versions, so that they have a lot of new stuff to add to Komplete Ultimate. But they haven't been releasing many sample libraries since K10. There was an acoustic guitar library and emotive strings. I think that's it.

So I think the next one will be released well into next year after a bunch more content is released. So not a bad year to go for the summer half off sale I would think. Often Komplete is released just after summer, but I don't see it happening this year.

Return to “Instruments”