Question about velocity for whole midi clip

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

maybe simple question but just could not find the answer. I want to set the velocity for a whole midi clip. In Tracktion I just mark the clip and then in the clip settings window on the bottom I just could set the velocity for the whole clip in %. In Mulab I just could not find something comparable.

Background: I am just to lazy to draw velocity curves for evry track, I only use volume automation for the whole track. I have lots of dynamic in the song from changing instruments and clips, so I dont realy need it. So I use to just change velocity for the beginning of the song, set the beginning clips to 80 % in the intro, then 90 % in the first verse etc.. That works fine for me. But just could not find how to make that in Mulab.

Hope someone has an idea.

By the way: any ideas about mux/free vst for random but rational velocity changing for midi track ?

Kind regards,

Richard

If you right click a sequence, there is the 'FUNCTIONS>CHANGE VELOCITIES' option from there you can change the velocities using various ways including %
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Hello bibz1st,

thank you for your answer but that dont seem to work for me, I have looked there cause it was the obvious place.

If I right click on a marked midi clip under "functions" there is only "change times, quantize notes, change length.....change value1, change value 2....." but no velocity. Maybe I have to adjust values to velocity somewhere else before ?

Mulab 6.4.26, win 7, 32 bit

Kind regards,

Richard

Seems I have found the problem. I looked for the other midi clips in the song and realized there are midi clips where I have the "velocity change" options and others where I dont have.

Problem seems when there is a velocity set in the clip in the program messages (in the list editor) you dont have possibility to set velocity via function. Maybe logical in some way.

So I think I have to change in the list (set other value) or delete in list editor. Must come from the program where I composed the tracks.

Kind regards,

Richard

tatanka wrote:Problem seems when there is a velocity set in the clip in the program messages (in the list editor) you dont have possibility to set velocity via function.
That's not "velocity" (which is part of a Note On or Note Off event) but a Volume event - very different things. You can use the "Logical Selector" to select all Volume controller messages (Mode: Select, Time: Any, Type: Equal -> Controller, Value 1: Equal -> 7 Volume) and then do with the result as you will (e.g. delete!).

Wow, thanks a lot pljones, evrytime trying out something new in Mulab I realized that I havent even scratched the surface....

Did not even know that there WAS something like a logical selector....

I am really glad you just sent complete description of "how to" cause otherwise I think I would have spent hours fighting threw the selector settings.

What a great possibility, will help a lot in future I think.

Thany you a lot, what a great software and what a great helpful community in here :D

Richard

tatanka wrote:If I right click on a marked midi clip under "functions" there is only "change times, quantize notes, change length.....change value1, change value 2....." but no velocity. Maybe I have to adjust values to velocity somewhere else before ?
When I look there is clearly a function called - Change velocities - under functions
which gives you different ways of controlling/changing velocities.

Unless I have misunderstood your question/problem you might wanna look again.

Cheers
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Hmm, if I wanted to set a whole pattern to one velocity, I'd just go in there, hit [ctrl]+[a] to select all and then adjust the velocity of one note and choose "ABSOLUTE" in the pop-up requester. I'm too lazy to right click sometimes... :lol:

Return to “MUTOOLS”