Quickly drag clip from channel view to arrangement view

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, is there a quick way to drag a clip from channel view to arrangement view?

For example in ableton you just drag the clip and hit tab to drop to arrangement. i dont know why you cant do this in bitwig, you used to be able to i believe??

I don't think you can do that. I also used to that in Live quite a bit when working on a single monitor or laptop. I think your only alternatives in BWS are:

1. click the clip in the mixer view and copy it, then click in the arrangement and paste it there

2. make sure grid view is on in the arrangement view and drag and drop from the left to the right

Tab works in Bitwig as well - at least for me ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Hit "l" to open the clip launcher in the arrangement view. There's also a button you can toggle on the lower left of the arrange to show it.

ThomasHelzle wrote:Tab works in Bitwig as well - at least for me ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
It works like 1 out of 10 times for me. Not sure what actually triggers it. OSX 1.1.8.

Ogopogo wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:Tab works in Bitwig as well - at least for me ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
It works like 1 out of 10 times for me. Not sure what actually triggers it. OSX 1.1.8.
Sounds like a bug for -> Support to me. I tried it on Windows.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Yep, I'll send it in.

Also imo its much easier if you use the view that has clips and arrange in same window with clips going horizontal(which live doesn't have). I've abandoned the view where the clips are vertical(ala live). So much better when doing song arrangements.

Return to “Bitwig”