Create sequences with your hands in the air

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum and I'm sorry in advance for my english :)

I would like to share with you a new project on which I'm working now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8o_88jq22I

Here there is a little jam with a set of patches made with MAX (that I will also release on MAX for LIVE) that, in a final stage, will include also Live visuals projection and much more interaction method and sound-set.

Now the idea was to create musical sequences and soundscape just moving hands in the air, not in theremin style but more like "conducting" music.
Each patch feature a different approach to collect and generate music from datas.

Sounds are also work in progress: now there are acoustic samples that I made and some other soundset made with U-He Zebra and Arturia Modular V.

Please, share your thoughts and comments, they will help me to get a better result in interaction.

For tracking hands I use LEAPMOTION sensor.

Thank you very much in advance :)

That's pretty awesome! It would provide a very intuitive way of making synth swells or sound swells when doing sound design!

Very cool! :tu: Would make for an intriguing stage performance. Think I would have more fun modifying parameters in this way - as opposed to just twisting knobs or drawing it in. They should start incorporating more stuff like this into MIDI controllers. More inspiring that way.

Return to “Sound Design”