Happy Friday - new public beta available 6.1.9

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys - build 6.1.9 is in the public beta folder - a bunch of bug fixes and some cool new features. Be sure to check out the new 'retrospective record' feature - allows you to capture clips from the past when you are not in record - and even when you are not playing - so you will never have one of those 'damn I wish I was recording.....!!' moments again. You can set preferences in the 'options' list in your edit - then simply press the new 'clock' symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen (next to the CPU management system) to capture previous events. The system will capture info for all tracks with inputs assigned - enjoy :)

Here's the full list:

Tracktion ChangeList

- Added pinch-to-zoom for track area (hold ctrl for vertical zoom)
- Fixed a problem converting MIDI clips to audio comps
- Fix for MIDI comp takes not being shown correctly
- Fix for pre-record length in loop mode

- New feature: Count in for loop mode recordings
- Fix for resizing some Windows VST plugins
- Fix for channel assignments on 'Use input as sidechain' feature
- Fix for some count in options not taking immediate effect

- New feature: Retrospective Record. Create audio or MIDI clips without recording
- Fixed a potential crash during Edit load when using non-English language files
- Fixed unpack takes failing to create audio clips
- Fixed basic editing operations (Normalize, Reverse, Trim Silence, Make Mono) not updating waveform on audio clips
- Fixed Master Fade In/Out not taking effect immediately
- Fixed MIDI Editor triggering notes when resizing a note
- Fixed clips losing their colour when rendered
- Fixed plugin Windows covering and blocking render dialog box
- Fixed tracks being unfoldered in the incorrect order
- Fixed moving warp points not respecting snap setting
- Fix for MIDI guide notes playing during erase or select drag operations
- Fix for MIDI timing issues when editing during playback

- Fixed displaying of multi-line descriptions on the Projects tab
- Fixed a rare crash when undoing the addition of MIDI clips

- Fix for rendering Step Clips to MIDI clips insertion point
- Ensured input device aliases update immediately
- Ensured track property panel titles update with name changes
- Fixes for some keyboard shortcuts
Tracktion Software Corporation

TSC wrote:HBe sure to check out the new 'retrospective record' feature - allows you to capture clips from the past when you are not in record - and even when you are not playing - so you will never have one of those 'damn I wish I was recording.....!!' moments again.
Oh god I do that all the time, this is awesome.

I also updated the book to include coverage of Retrospective Record and made corrections to the sections that previously said count-in doesn't work in Loop mode.

Hi,

what are the new texts integrated in this release?

Regards

When can one expect a fix for Steven Slates Trigger 2 plugin. Works with T3. But T4, T5 and T6 crash back to Desktop.

Probably depends on whether you sent them a crash log.

That's a good start for the week end !

Are the lazzy GUI issues with microtonic and Waldorf attack2 solved ?

Edit : NO :x
Last edited by dupont on Fri May 29, 2015 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frankvg wrote:Probably depends on whether you sent them a crash log.
Can you link me to instructions for how to do that? I have a persistent issue I need to get in front of the guys... thanks!
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Cool update. I think it would be nice if you had an option to play the count-in for loop recording on every loop around. Then if you could make it possible to turn the click OFF during the count-in (it still plays whether click is set or not). That way you could use this feature when not working on the grid and still get some pre-roll for each loop/take. This would be simply amazing for vocalists or soloists trying to nail a phrase giving them a sec between takes to re-group. I have always wanted something like this.

Also, there is still some weird action when changing the BPM of an edit. Change the BPM slider in the properties menu and watch your input/output markers move, along with any split clips in the edit. This can be troublesome if you don't set the correct BPM setting right away on a mix.

- Added pinch-to-zoom for track area (hold ctrl for vertical zoom)
Can't find vertical zoom on OSX
Edit : after a good night, think it is perhaps linked with trackpad ? It should have been pretty to mention it !

- New feature: Retrospective Record. Create audio or MIDI clips without recording
I haven't catch the logic on this, I play some notes, clic on the clock, sometimes a huge midi clip is added (24 bars) with the notes at the end of the clip (last bar), sometimes a short clip is added (1 bar).
Edit : still confused

- New feature: Count in for loop mode recordings
Can't see this feature in midi loop mode recording :x
Edit : perhaps only for audio recording (which I never use).
Last edited by dupont on Sat May 30, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

SyntheticAurality wrote:
Can you link me to instructions for how to do that? I have a persistent issue I need to get in front of the guys... thanks!
make tracktion crash with your issue.
open again and on the lower, left corner of the projects tab press "help".
choose "show the tracktion logfile".
then copy the logfile and give it a meaningful name and send that to tracktion support.

The issue has been reported a while back. Still waiting :)

Anyone take a stab at retrospective recording yet?

After messing with it briefly it seems that the clips are not importing properly in time. It puts the clip end at the cursor stop point, but since it seems to be recording when not in play it throws everything out of whack. I don't really see how recording when not even in play would work anyways, how does it know where to place the material?

Then after a bit the clips will stop importing into the edit altogether. I'll see a clip properties menu open up, but no file actually goes into the edit. It does appear to be recording because I can go and manually import it, but then it's still not lined up properly.

Kang wrote:Anyone take a stab at retrospective recording yet?

After messing with it briefly it seems that the clips are not importing properly in time. It puts the clip end at the cursor stop point, but since it seems to be recording when not in play it throws everything out of whack. I don't really see how recording when not even in play would work anyways, how does it know where to place the material?

Then after a bit the clips will stop importing into the edit altogether. I'll see a clip properties menu open up, but no file actually goes into the edit. It does appear to be recording because I can go and manually import it, but then it's still not lined up properly.
That's what I wrote a couples of posts before, i have no idea how retrospective works, can't undesrtand the logic.
Where does T6 put the recorded file on the time line, how long the clip will be, where will the recorded material be inside the clip ???

dupont wrote:
Kang wrote:Anyone take a stab at retrospective recording yet?

That's what I wrote a couples of posts before, i have no idea how retrospective works, can't undesrtand the logic.
Where does T6 put the recorded file on the time line, how long the clip will be, where will the recorded material be inside the clip ???
You still need to go into record in the normal way. However when editing the clip, you can reveal the extra audio by adjusting the left trim handle or right trim handle.

Return to “Tracktion”