Your top 2015 synthesizer list?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok so we had the silly CM poll whats on your top (Insert number here) synthesizer list ? Doesn't have to be synthesizers from 2015, but what are your favorites?

*Updated this due to a few studio changes. I also sold my Zebra and Massive licenses to fund some other things*

1. Bazille - This makes FM and PD an absolute joy to use! It also sounds incredible! When i first used it i was expecting it to behave in an analog way, and then started to realize that i was using it wrong. Once my brain clicked with the whole concept of phase modulation and PD, i couldn't stop making sounds with this. Easily one of the most complex synthesizers in my arsenal, but it is definitely one of my favorites to use and work with.

2. Reaktor - Swiss army knife filled with all sorts of treasure that I could NOT live without. Whenever i need something that my other plugin synthesizers, effects or samplers don't offer I'll often browse the wacky user library for a reaktor ensemble. It might seem like a science lab to some and it might be overwhelming but it is incredibly useful!

3. Synthsquad - Cypher and Strobe are the only 2 out of the bundle that I really use. Strobe is easy to use and sounds great, and often gets me that analog sound faster than my other synthesizers. It might not do everything, but that's the beauty of it. Cypher is a bit more complicated, but it can scream and shriek unlike any of my other synthesizers in a nice musical way.

4. Kaivo *Demo*- This is a CPU killer, but the samples you can make with this are super unique. I love to make weird psychoacoustic soundscapes and strange acoustic machine sounds with it, and afaik there is not really anything else quite like it. As a source for making weird samples this is an absolute treasure and a must own if you need a physical modelling synth.

5. Aalto CM - Great for doing live modular jams with and fun to play with. It also has it's own unique sonic foot print that stands out in a track. Low CPU on my i7 too!

6. Serum - *updated* I bought this and am absolutely having a blast with it. There is a lot of power crammed into this..

7. Diva - *Updated* I bought this recently, and I am loving the Jupiter8 modules. I had to sell Zebra to buy this, because i just can't find anything else that comes close to the lush warm sound that diva is capable of.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
:borg:

IMO 2015 sucks synth releasing-wise.

My fav is still Sylenth. Much to my surprise, I (re)discovered SynthMaster and I've been using it quite a bit. Then Rapture & Renegade. And Kairatune. Don't like Dune 2, but love Dune 1. And although not a synth per se, I'm using Blue Arp daily. So that is that :)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

2015, the year of Hive :tu:

DIVA
Bazille
Zebra
Kontakt
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

:ud:
Last edited by BBFG# on Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

In order of use:

1. Omnisphere 2 - Unbeatable for pads, textures, atmospheric stuff IMO. I also use alot of the rhythmic patches as well as mono / poly leads and basses. Great sample library. I find more often then not when looking for some sort of obscure sample that it can be found in the sample library.
2. Diva - Whenever I need an analog sound Diva delivers in spades... bass, pads, phat mono leads, amazing wondrous arps of glory...
3. Monark - mono analog goodness, IMO nothing beats its filter, not even Diva as much as I love it.
4. Hive - Great for throwing in a track and doing a quick patch for some dance effects, leads or pads. Havn't warmed up to it for basses yet but I plan on working with it more in the future.
5. FM8 - My goto synth for FM sounds and a techno bassline monster. Nothing more needs to be said.
6. Absynth - Great for its signature sound (ethereal atmospheric stuff not drenched in typical sounding reverb like other synths)
7. Massive - Just use it from time to time when I need a big digital sounding lead or wavetable type modulations. Don't feel the need for another WT synth but I don't use them often in my productions.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Last year were so many high quality synths released that are on par with hardware, i just cannot imagine what would impress. Maybe Zebra 3 and upcomming update for Spire.

Prophet 6 ;)

ImNotDedYet wrote:Prophet 6 ;)
I was worried that real synthesizers weren't allowed.

Wishing about buying a Prophet 6 - is like wishing I could buy a Porsche.

My favorites of this year so far are:

Roland System 1 because it sounds awesome and it is so easy to dial up the sounds i want due to the simple layout and features.

Roland JD-Xi sounds great and has some extra cool feature + you can create a 4bar loop and add the midi in my daw for further editing.

Roland sh-101 (Vst/Plugout), same as the System 1 and it has a great bass sound and was free :)

Uhe Ace since it just sounds great and there are many great presets included and it's easy to dial up your own sounds.

Omnisphere sounds great and is easy to use when making your own sounds (Not sure if i will upgrade to v2 since i am so use to v1 and it does what i need).

Rob Papen Blue 2 because it sounds great and has a different sound then the other hw and vst's i own. It is simply unique and has a great layout.

Waldorf Largo sounds great and i had to have that Waldorf sound in my audio setup :)

Z3ta+ love many of the presets but programming it is caotic once you use more than 1 Osc.
Last edited by D-Fusion on Sat May 30, 2015 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ive gone back to basics and have been using Wasp that comes with Orion. Its very simple but sounds great. Making complete tracks using one synth for just about all sounds is good fun.

Bazille was pretty good for some experimental sounds. Havent really heard much else that got my juices flowing.

Im waiting for a stable version of a new synth to try out. Hoping that will be fun.

Currently sorting out my plugins collection again (selling and/or sold some of them..).
Here are my favourite 10 from the remaining ones:

- Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V
- Waldorf Nave
- Waldorf Largo
- Tone2 Saurus 2
- Tone2 Electra 2.1
- U-He Diva
- Xils Lab Syn'X
- NI Monark
- Synapse Audio DUNE 2
- PPG Wavemapper 2 (in combination with Wavegenerator mostly for it's wavetable editor)

runner-ups:
Synthmaster 2.6, Tone2 Nemesis, NI FM8, Linplug Spectral, Korg Wavestation plugin, Xils Lab Oxium
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat May 30, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

In 21015 I added Nave and Xils Syn'X 2 to my arsenal. True beauties.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

1 : U he HIVE : powerfull and savage beast , really easy to use

2 : NI Reaktor : It does what you want but need time to program it.

3 : U he Zebra 2 : powerfull and very good sounding , but i'd really like to see another GUI (sometime it goes to mess when you add too much things.)

4 : Presonus MAI TAI : I love how it sound and it's easy to program it (remind me a lot FF Twin 2)

5 : NI FM 8 : who is not in love with FM8 ?

6 : NI Massive : I love the sound , that's all

Hive
Omnisphere 2
Oddity 2
Spectrum

Return to “Instruments”