Patchpool Kaleidoscope subscription thread

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope

I just launched my annual subscription for Kaleidoscope:

In summer 2014 Andrew Souter from 2CAudio asked me, if I wanted to be on the Beta-team for his new invention Kaleidoscope. At first I was bewildered by this program, then fascinated and I started delving deep into the possibilities of Kaleidoscope.

After it's release I spent many, many sleepless nights with Kaleidoscope creating images with ArtMatic and Photoshop or modifying images of instruments, human beings, plants and objects, extracting waveforms from samples, extracting tuning files from all sorts of acoustic sounds with Melodyne and designing hundreds of presets with these ingredients. Dozens of experimental videos were created since, testing these ingredients and experimenting with real-time sound manipulation in Kaleidoscope. I also provide tutorial videos available on my youtube channel (and in the video-tab on the right).

This subscription includes original images, waveforms and tuning files. Many presets borrow tuning files from either the expansion Architecture Vol. 1 released by 2CAudio or the free Scala tuning file-library which is available as shareware, as I see no point re-coding tuning files which have already been created and are ready to use. Ambient soundscapes, deep drones, complex tonal and atonal pads, experimental textures and minimalistic rhythms are the main focus of this sound library.
My presets sometimes are variations on a theme, so within a subscription set you will find several variations of a combination of images and tuning files or waveforms, exploring some of the infinite possibilities Kaleidoscope has to offer. Of course you can also ignore the presets and just use the images, waveforms and tuning files to create your own presets. How a preset sounds is totally pendent on the input signal, so I will also supply some samples from time to time with audio content which works particularly well with Kaleidoscope (sharp transients, noisy components, lot's of harmonics and dynamics). Some presets are saved using the internal noise generator of Kaleidoscope to excite the resonators, this can easily be changed turning down the noise volume slider in the program.

Every 6-8 weeks I send out a new set to all subscribers, all new subscribers can download the entire content in one compressed archive. The subscription price is fixed and will increase moderately when more content has been added. If a subscriber wants to renew herhis subscription after one year, she/he gets a 20% discount on the current subscription price, if not, the subscription ends with no further obligation and the user can keep the presets and assets she/he obtained during the span of her/his subscription.

Annual subscription price: € 89 EUR

The subscription library currently contains: 3114 presets - 1368 images - 228 tuning files - 246 waveforms - 29 input samples.
Library size: 7.73 GB uncompressed, 5.1 GB download (RAR-archive in 6 parts).

Product page

Videos:

All my KS videos can be found in this youtube playlist.

Audio:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -fx-tracks

Thanks´s for reading.

Simon Stockhausen
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:24 am, edited 10 times in total.

Problem: Kaleidoscope is reporting missing assets in certain presets which are not missing at all, the issue is that old data once stored in those presets is not overwritten, e.g. substituting a tuning file with a waveform or vice versa wil not remove either of them from the assets-list thus creating false error messages. So don't worry if you encounter those error messages, I double checked everything and all files needed to play a preset are present in the set you downloaded.

Four fresh tempo-synced presets from the same family which I made this morning in one minimal music quartet, tweaking things on the fly while recording the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UERPETdxtOE

This is an awesome development. I'm up to my ears in various seasonal duties, but I scored the subscription soon after I got the notification from patch pool.

Really looking forward to getting deeply submersed into the PatchpoolleanKalideoscopiannanomacroniananiaverse
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:This is an awesome development. I'm up to my ears in various seasonal duties, but I scored the subscription soon after I got the notification from patch pool.

Really looking forward to getting deeply submersed into the PatchpoolleanKalideoscopiannanomacroniananiaverse
Thank's my Wade, I'm sorry it took so long, something is broken with the paypal notifications today and I worked through the whole day, now I found your order on the paypal site and sent you the link immediately.
PatchpoolleanKalideoscopiannanomacroniananiaverse
I need to use this somewhere :)

Delays on delivery Don't worry it's not a hurry hurry time of the year...

Now if it I can get going on this Kaleidoscope resource, it will certainly make my summer days very rich and enjoyable!

I'll load it up it the immediate present at exactly in the minute that is coming sooner rather than later in fact right now after this swig of coffee I'll do the proper preparations!

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
I'll load it up it the immediate present at exactly in the minute that is coming sooner rather than later in fact right now after this swig of coffee I'll do the proper preparations!
Haha :tu: :party: :D

I'm having success with the whole operation, went smoothly. Now I'm in awesome sonic surroundings, Cello Bells Atonal 02, I could live here for a long time.. Very high end sound quality, nice to improvise to, puts me in a great mood.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I'm having success with the whole operation, went smoothly. Now I'm in awesome sonic surroundings, Cello Bells Atonal 02, I could live here for a long time.. Very high end sound quality, nice to improvise to, puts me in a great mood.
Nice!

New material for the Kaleidoverse:

Set 02 uploaded on June 15th - 2015 containing:
  • *62 Presets
    *23 images
    *4 tuning files
    *4 waveforms
Here is a dark drone texture made with 2 presets from set no. 2 (Flute Drones) - using a deep ocean drum loop and a very bright waterfall percussion texture as input sources, the resonator tuning is controlled by waveforms I extracted from a flute sound.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/e ... -patchpool

Three instances of Kaleidoscope using similar presets from the upcoming set no. 3 which are all based on a tuning file extracted from a bowed cymbal. Mixed on the fly, some reverb and delay applied. Input source for all 3 KS instances were 3 drum machines (Tremor) playing deep bass pulses.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/b ... -patchpool

I just sent out the link for set no. 3.

Kaleidoscope Subscription Set 03, uploaded on June 24th - 2015 containing:
  • *53 Presets
    *39 images
    *6 tuning files
    *3 waveforms
    *3 input samples: concert tom tremolo, waterfall percussion, monsoon rainmaker, these samples are optional and don't have to be installed.
The subscription currently contains: 178 presets, 106 images - 16 tuning files - 11 waveforms.

Here is a little duet, using monsoon rainmaker sounds as audio input, automating the modulation and stereo width parameters to change the rhythmical structure and stereo field. The preset is from the upcoming subscription set no. 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iyMATQwJqY

String synth and shaker loop processed by one instance of Kaleidoscope using a preset from the upcoming set no. 4, some ÜberMod delays are processing the Kaleidoscope signal.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/l ... -patchpool

EDIT:

And another one:

One instance of Kaleidoscope processes an excerpt of a live recording of my orchestral composition Windschatten, the other instance of KS processes some male choir sounds recorded for a music theatre piece, some VRoom reverb is processing both instances. The KS presets are from the patchpool subscription series - set no. 4

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/n ... -patchpool

These sound really great. Have been eyeing Kaleidoscope like a hawk since its release... Definitely on the 'to get list.'

Return to “Soundware”