Eat Crepes - Signal To Noise (Mona Lisa)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We have a new single out in anticipation of the album, which we're planning to release in about a month. :party:

https://soundcloud.com/eat-crepes/signa ... -mona-lisa

Sounds good. The music is very well composed and the production is top notch. Bravo!

Nice job on this. Very good song and production. The middle eight was an unexpected treat. I think the singer sounds good on this. I like the lyrics and they are understandable for a change.

I think the ukulele may be the weak point in the recording. It kind of has a low budget sound. Any chance of switching to guitar?

good, but once again high compression/brickwall limiting made the fatigue set in listening on phones.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks for the comments!
Frantz wrote:I think the ukulele may be the weak point in the recording. It kind of has a low budget sound. Any chance of switching to guitar?
To be fair, we have a low budget :shrug:.

Wow this is actually really good! I enjoyed listening to it, it managed to stay really interesting all the way to the end. Your vocalist has a unique voice and overall the entire production is really good.

You doing live shows?
:borg:

layzer wrote:good, but once again high compression/brickwall limiting made the fatigue set in listening on phones.
Not for me...
Last edited by SampleScience on Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

nice one!

V0RT3X wrote:Wow this is actually really good! I enjoyed listening to it, it managed to stay really interesting all the way to the end. Your vocalist has a unique voice and overall the entire production is really good.

You doing live shows?
Thanks! Not doing live shows atm, as we're focusing on recording this album. Maybe later in the summer we will though! It's difficult, as we all go to different schools, so we only have a small window of time to do everything.

SampleScience wrote:
layzer wrote:good, but once again high compression/brickwall limiting made the fatigue set in listening on phones.
Not for me...
my point is, this is a pop type song not some floor killer song . it would sound better with increased dynamic range rather than a squashed maximized volume level.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

That's a valid criticism. I personally don't find it too fatiguing to listen to, no worse than many commercial releases, but I will say that I did feel a need to keep up with our first single in terms of loudness. Our first release for this album, Entropy, had a heavy, saturated sound during mixing, enabling it to be pushed loud during mastering (as the saturation removed the strongest peaks). So I felt that, in order for the songs to sit together and sound like the same album (which is an essential but not glamorous part of a mastering engineer's job description), they had to be of a similar loudness.

So lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Enjoyed this nineofkings. A great happy vibe, vocals are a treat. The end section is a nice changeup. Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thanks!

Return to “Music Cafe”